Specialty Track rating badges (Cadets)

Started by FNelson, February 27, 2019, 06:31:31 PM

FNelson

I am working with my SQ CC to fill out cadet staff duty assignments and I was curious if cadets are allowed to wear the specialty Track Badge (technician level) that corresponds to their SQ cadet staff duty position. I am fairly certain that cadet cannot wear specialty track badges, but I thought I would ask.   
C/2d Lt. Forest Nelson
Santa Fe Composite Squadron "Flying Tigers"
"A legacy of Honor"

WillTheCommsGuy

Cadets can wear specialty track badges. I am a cadet, and I completed my technician level in communications and I wear the badge on my blues, and the patch on my BDU's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eclipse

Filling a cadet staff assignment does not confer any badge or decoration.

Completing the senior-member task and service checklist in the respective pamphlet
of those senior-member ratings that cadets are eligible to earn the badge for would confer
the badge.

Quote from: WillTheCommsGuy on February 27, 2019, 06:33:43 PM...I completed my technician level in communications...

Cadets do not earn the specialty track levels, only the eligibility to wear the badge based on completed
a subset of the tasks and service.

Specialty track levels are only open to senior members.  Assuming you become a senior member down the line,
you will have more work to do before completing the actual level.

It's a fine but important point.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

The only specialty track badges cadets can wear are:
Communications (Tech, Sr, Master)
Emergency Services (Tech)
IT (Tech)

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

WillTheCommsGuy

Cadets can wear all levels of the comm specialty track? This is news to me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luis R. Ramos

Cadets can wear several badges, not all. They can only wear the 1) Emergency Services Badge, 2) Communications Badge, 3) the ITO Badge, and the History Badge. Not others.

They cannot wear that badge until a year after working on the position.

After moving to the Senior Member side, they have to remove them until completing the Senior Member requirements.

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Kayll'b

Corect me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the yeager award is a specialty track badge, but Spaatz cadets can also wear it on completion of their test.
C/Capt

Mitchell # 69847

Squadron Cadet Leadership officer

GCAC Recorder

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Kayll'b on February 28, 2019, 01:06:32 AM
Corect me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the yeager award is a specialty track badge, but Spaatz cadets can also wear it on completion of their test.

The Yeager Award is an Aerospace Education Award.

Eclipse

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on February 28, 2019, 01:21:35 AM
Quote from: Kayll'b on February 28, 2019, 01:06:32 AM

The Yeager Award is an Aerospace Education Award.

+1 Only a ribbon, no badge.

Also, Spaatz recipients may get Yeager credit after dark-siding, but they have to request it, it's not automatic.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on February 27, 2019, 06:47:08 PM

The amount of time required to earn the respective badge(s) is the same as for Senior Members.

After moving to the Senior Member side, they have to remove them until completing the Senior Member requirements.

I can't find the cite, but isn't it 4-years to complete the respective requirements before removing the badge(s)?

"That Others May Zoom"

LSThiker

Quote from: Eclipse on February 28, 2019, 01:35:05 AM

I can't find the cite, but isn't it 4-years to complete the respective requirements before removing the badge(s)?

That only applies to the communications as cited in the Comm specialty pamphlet.  However, the other specialties make no reference to 4 years.

Quote from: Eclipse on February 28, 2019, 01:35:05 AM

The amount of time required to earn the respective badge(s) is the same as for Senior Members.

For most that is true.  However, IT is different.  Senior Members are 6 months while cadets are 1 year. 

For SM IT specialty:
QuoteAfter completion of Level One, of the Officer Professional
Development program, serve for a minimum of 6 months as a
staff officer intern at the squadron level.

For Cadets:
QuoteHowever, those cadets who serve in this capacity for a
minimum of one year and complete the required duties may be
authorized to wear the basic IT Specialty Badge for the duration of
their cadet membership upon approval of their wing commander
(authority may be delegated).