News of the Force...sometimes gets it right!

Started by lordmonar, June 26, 2007, 12:53:19 AM

ColonelJack

Where are you getting those ribbon-rack graphics?  (I want to make mine!)

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

jimmydeanno

Try here sir:

http://www.medals.lava.pl/us/uschk.htm (I like this one because you can select multiple services and organizations to build one combined rack.)

or

http://www.mcchord.org/rack_builder/ (strictly CAP ribbons)
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

jimmydeanno

just as long as it isn't titled "show me your rack" >:D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

RiverAux

While NoTF takes every chance it can to publish unsigned letters alleging all sorts of misconduct in CAP, it also fairly regularly plagarizes benign article about CAP units from the real media.  So, an article that puts CAP in a good light isn't unheard of, its just never actually been written by NoTF.  This one does appear to be an exception. 

The funny part is how NoTF's new ally responded to it.  You know, I'd be much more willing to take him seriously if the articles on his site were written more professionally.  On the good side, all the cursing will just make it even less likely others pay attention to him. 

RogueLeader

Quote from: RiverAux on June 26, 2007, 11:56:10 PM
. . .it also fairly regularly plagarizes benign article about CAP units from the real media.  . . .

If NOTF plagiarizes so much, why haven't they been sued? ???
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RiverAux

Probably because the news services he steals from probably don't even know he exists.  Anyone could do the same thing -- set up an alert with the proper terms on the Google News and Yahoo news sytems and you'll get the same stuff.  He jut cuts and pastes it into his own thing.  Generally the only original material he has is anti-CAP diatribes. 

M.S.

Quote from: RogueLeader on June 27, 2007, 12:04:39 AM
Quote from: RiverAux on June 26, 2007, 11:56:10 PM
. . .it also fairly regularly plagarizes benign article about CAP units from the real media.  . . .

If NOTF plagiarizes so much, why haven't they been sued? ???

No media is going to bother sue a two-bit, backwater website visited by the same 8 people for copy and pasting news artciles from their service.  Who cares?   

NOTF is not a real media outlet.  They offer nothing but diatribe  and severely biased opinion pieces mixed with copy 'n pasted articles from other media outlets to make them seem legit.  The truth is that their grammar is terrible, their actual "original" articles are elementary-education-level at best, and the fact that a "media outlet" would use a yahoo group to operate is a joke in and of itself.  These guys are hacks and that's an insult to journalist hacks in the world.