Main Menu

Military Music Needed

Started by James Shaw, June 24, 2007, 03:50:10 PM

James Shaw

I need to find a downloadable version of the following music. I would prefer RealPlayer or WAV. If anyone has these available I would appreciate it.

Marine Corps Hymn (Halls of Montezuma)
Air Force Song (Up we GO)
Army Song
Navy Song (Anchors Aweigh)
Coast Guard (Semper Paratus?)

I would like instrumental and voice versions.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Tubacap

Go to usafband.com 
Follow these hyperlinks
-Recordings
-Search Online Music Collection
-in the second drop down box click Ceremonial

Almost all the way down is the instrumental version of all the individual songs.  There is a choral version, but it is in the form of Armed Forces Medley, which goes through all the songs in one song.  If you need choral arrangements, go to the various services premier band websites, and they should have it.  If you need links, let me know and I'll google it for you.

If you want it, and you give me a few weeks, I am working on a mp3 of the Civil Air Patrol March from the 1940's.
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

acarlson

Quote from: caphistorian on June 24, 2007, 03:50:10 PM
I need to find a downloadable version of the following music. I would prefer RealPlayer or WAV. If anyone has these available I would appreciate it. ...

I'm not sure what's all here.. but you can take a look-see:
http://www.ner.cap.gov/music.htm

Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
PDO, PAO, Pers, & Historian
Doylestown Composite Squadron 907
Doylestown PA

Tubacap

I"m not sure how I've missed that link repeatedly, but that is awesome!  Anyone know of any CAP bands besides MD Wing?
NER-PA-001

SARMedTech

/\  Im trying to talk my Squadron commander into starting a CAP Chorus from our members and some cadets and seniors from other Squadrons. I havent been in CAP very long and I know the the USCGAux make up a large part of the USCG Pipes and Drums but does CAP have a band or anything along the lines of a military chorus? I sand in a men's acapella chorus in college.  On holidays like Veterans day, Memorial Day 4th of July, etc, we used to perform a concert of patriotic music including all of the branches songs. It was truly stirring especially since the college paid for a fire works display immediately after we finished the last not of God Bless America. I think it would be a great thing to do in CAP.  Not to be sarcastic or anything but I wonder what the uniform would look like. Would it be mess dress, blues, aviator greys (just thinking about what all members could wear regardless of their "uniform status."
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Tubacap

Witha  brief google search, I didn't find a lot out about the band.  I do know that there was a national cadet special activity with music a few years ago, but has since died down because of lack of staff.  It was held in the general area of D.C. though.  I'm not sure CAP wants to get into a national level music program, but I do think it is entirely appropriate to have regional bands or choirs performing at the ceremonies. 

I know that the MDWG band is a squadron that music is their entire gig for CAP.    I think it would almost half to be that way as there is so much that goes into rehearsals as well as the CAP program.

As far as uniforming, I would say that it would probably be up to the unit commanders discretion, but a central uniform would be key.  Then again, that would apply to the org. as a whole as well.
NER-PA-001

O-Rex

Doesn't NER have the "CAP March Song??"

I heard it once, I thinks it's called "The CAP is on the go"

I remember that some of the lyrics had that 1940's "golly-gee-willikers" kind-of feel, but hey, it's the only song we have, to my knowledge.

Al Sayre

There is one "In the Civil Air Patrol", but most of lyrics are unprintable and not suited for Cadets or polite company...  I learned it as a Cadet ;D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

SARMedTech

I mentioned the Pipes and Drums of the USCG. Does the USAF have a Pipe Band?  Long ago, in a galaxy far away I used to play in a Marching Society Pipe Band and Ive been thinking of picking them up again.  The Coast Guards Band is made up of AD, Reservists, Retirees and Auxies.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

SARMedTech

Quote from: Al Sayre on June 26, 2007, 09:25:07 PM
There is one "In the Civil Air Patrol", but most of lyrics are unprintable and not suited for Cadets or polite company...  I learned it as a Cadet ;D

I'll buy you a steak and a beer if you send me the lyrics!  ;) As you have probably gathered by now I am neither a cadet nor am I particularly polite.
"Corpsman Up!"

O-Rex

Quote from: SARMedTech on June 26, 2007, 09:30:25 PM
I mentioned the Pipes and Drums of the USCG. Does the USAF have a Pipe Band?  Long ago, in a galaxy far away I used to play in a Marching Society Pipe Band and Ive been thinking of picking them up again.  The Coast Guards Band is made up of AD, Reservists, Retirees and Auxies.

The USAFR has or had a Pipe & Drum Band website: Featured three versions of "Amazing Grace," including one with the USAF Band backing-goosebumps guaranteed!

jimmydeanno

Quote from: O-Rex on June 26, 2007, 09:21:32 PM
Doesn't NER have the "CAP March Song??"

I heard it once, I thinks it's called "The CAP is on the go"

I remember that some of the lyrics had that 1940's "golly-gee-willikers" kind-of feel, but hey, it's the only song we have, to my knowledge.

bah - bah bah bah - bah - bah - bah bah....

http://sq31.cawg.cap.gov/about_song.html
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Al Sayre

Quote from: SARMedTech on June 26, 2007, 09:31:32 PM
Quote from: Al Sayre on June 26, 2007, 09:25:07 PM

I'll buy you a steak and a beer if you send me the lyrics!  ;) As you have probably gathered by now I am neither a cadet nor am I particularly polite.

I'll see if I can remember most of it and write it down, may take me a little while, it's been about 20 years since I last heard it.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787