Main Menu

The Nature of Forum Threads

Started by Major Carrales, June 21, 2007, 05:10:48 PM

Major Carrales

My purpose in posting this thread to to make people aware of all this.  A forum is a community, just as in society a person works best if they understand how the interrelationships work.

Newbies need guidance.  When I first came to CAP forums and blogs it was because I needed questions answered that my Group was not addressing.  So I could call upon the experience of the forum.  I suspect most CAP Threadsters do that.  When they get, "use the search feature" or "we have umpteen threads (albiet on page 70) on this issue" it is discouraging and does not, in my opinion, live up to what a forum should do.

It would be nice for a newbie to PM their question to someone, but if you are newby virtue of that fact, it is difficult.

There are many times I have posted a topic to which a PM would have been more appropriate...I should have liked to delete these to cut down on "scrap" posts.

All in all, this is the best and most moderated forum I am associcated with (with the notable exception of CadetStuff.org).  Thanks for all you do.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454