Main Menu

Attention Jim Shaw

Started by Mustang, June 11, 2007, 09:11:26 AM

Mustang

Just curious as to what you did to earn the Silver Medal of Valor you were recently awarded...
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

dwb

Who is Jim Shaw?  If he's on the board, why didn't you just PM him?

BillB

Jim Shaw is on the Board, he's Southeast Region Historian, and Deputy National Historian.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

James Shaw

Quote from: Mustang on June 11, 2007, 09:11:26 AM
Just curious as to what you did to earn the Silver Medal of Valor you were recently awarded...

I responded to and helped to try and contain a very large chemical and paper fire and physically pulled one person out of a building and helped three others get out. Thats the long and short. I had been told about it by a friend who saw it in the NEC minutes, but have not "officially" received any word from my boss about the award. . I wont consider it done until they tell  me I am authorized for it.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Pumbaa

Bravo Major!

Selfless Acts.. More people should take your lead!

SJFedor

Quote from: caphistorian on June 11, 2007, 08:55:12 PM

I responded to and helped to try and contain a very large chemical and paper fire and physically pulled one person out of a building and helped three others get out. Thats the long and short. I had been told about it by a friend who saw it in the NEC minutes, but have not "officially" received any word from my boss about the award. . I wont consider it done until they tell  me I am authorized for it.

Tons and tons of kudos to you, Major. That embodies the spirit of what the award is meant for, doing something so that others may live.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Mustang

Congratulations to you, major--thanks for your selfless act of courage and for indulging my query.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Pylon

Quote from: caphistorian on June 11, 2007, 08:55:12 PM

Congratulations and hats off to you, sir!  Well deserved, for sure!
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

SAR-EMT1

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

James Shaw

I really appreciate the BZ's folks although it hasent  been made "official" yet. I think there are probably alot of members who should be written up or nominated for more awards through CAP. I would encourage everyone to take a look at their squadron and see if you feel anyone should be recognized. You dont have to outrank or have position to do a form 120.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

BillB

Jim....When are you doing the 120 on me?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104