Main Menu

New joint ops with USAF?

Started by RogueLeader, June 08, 2007, 10:42:58 PM

RogueLeader

Well, what do you know, looks like Big Blue is getting used to us doing photo recon.  They even have us going on long range missions to gather photos after the fighters go in.

http://capblog.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/05/19/refueling_cap_aircraft.jpg

Not true, but hilarious.  What do all y'all think.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SKYKING607

Me tinks da prop will chew up the fuel hose!
CAWG Career Captain

SarDragon

Quote from: SKYKING607 on June 08, 2007, 11:17:14 PM
Me tinks da prop will chew up the fuel hose!

'Tain't no hose there; that's a metal pipe. And if the socket is back at the fuel tank, there should be enough clearance.  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RogueLeader

Talk about endurance missions.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JohnKachenmeister

I didn't know 135's had 100LL!
Another former CAP officer

wingnut

Thats the NEW 182s that use jet A, it is a German Turbo Diesel engine, a TBO of 3000hrs, uses 1/2 the fuel, clean burning. . . gee we are getting smart in CAP, and cutting down on green house gases

SJFedor

Quote from: wingnut on June 09, 2007, 04:15:02 PM
Thats the NEW 182s that use jet A, it is a German Turbo Diesel engine, a TBO of 3000hrs, uses 1/2 the fuel, clean burning. . . gee we are getting smart in CAP, and cutting down on green house gases

Yeah it's a great plane. I was flying right wingman for him, the MS took the picture. This was one of our endurance tests on a high bird.

We stayed up for 17 hours before we realized we violated 60-1's duty day limitations.   :angel:

[/sarcasm]

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)