Member of G.I. Joe is a former CAP cadet...

Started by alamrcn, June 08, 2007, 09:10:02 PM

alamrcn

Heh, hopefully the subject got you curious. Reed the bio card of "Rip Cord" who is a H.A.L.O. jumper with the G.I. Joe fighting force!

http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-G-I-Joe-1984-Sky-Hawk-Vertical-Take-Off-VTOL-Pilot_W0QQitemZ230140117414QQihZ013QQcategoryZ2468QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

There might be a better version of this out on the web, but I bumped into this one on eBay.

- Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

RogueLeader

Well, whata ya know.  That is really interesting.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Major Carrales

I posted this at Civil Air Portal a few months back.  Curious....?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

JohnKachenmeister

Another former CAP officer

SARMedTech

Its funny, but the seller of this figure and his aircraft says that he is a CAP HALO jumper. I didnt know we had them. Must be one of those super secret qualifications. ;)
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

JohnKachenmeister

Yeah.  You get a silver braid to wear on your shoulder.
Another former CAP officer

SARMedTech

Well heck, I must get started on my HALO quals then if you get a silver braid. Can I wear it with corporates or only AF style? Wait, you mean I only get a silver braid and not another patch or chunk of metal?....Gee...I dont know....Oh, what the heck...I'll go for it (Stands in the door).
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Psicorp

HALO quals? 

I'm pretty good at the video game, does that count?
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

alamrcn

Ugg... I was HOPING you'ld all pass by the "Civil Air Patrol H.A.L.O." part of that listing, heh. Wonder what the seller was thinking when they penned that statement. Ok, who wants to start the debate that Parachuting (and/or skydiving) should be considered an aerospace rating by CAP?!  Ok, I WILL!!!

CAP Parachutist, Solo - for those that did the one time, "because I was turning 40" hollywood jump with static line. If you had someone strapped to your back, so sorry... that don't count!

CAP Parachutist, Basic - did the 5 or 6 static line jumps and then pulled their own cord. Class "A" rating, here we come!

CAP Parachutist, Senior - you've probably joined a skydiving club, bought and roll your own chute, and are working you're way through Class B and C.

CAP Parachutist, Master - obviously a Master skydiver, Class D, can instruct students, jump naked, walk on water, heal the blind, etc.

CAP Parachutist, Rigger - your name might be mentioned in the bible, and the FAA will let you roll a reserve chute for your buddies.

Why not?! I'm surprised there aren't actual glider pilot badges and ratings in CAP - excluding the old "G" wings that may or may not still be available from Vanguard. Hey, can we still qualify for the CAP Balloonist wings?!!!

- Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Major Lord

The American Cadet Alliance, CAP's analogue for the other services cadet programs, has both jump ratings and SCUBA ratings.

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."