Main Menu

ECI 13

Started by stratoflyer, January 29, 2009, 02:31:14 PM

LittleIronPilot

Quote from: O-Rex on February 03, 2009, 02:30:56 PM
Personally, I'm looking forward to a new ECI-13: the current one is antiquiated and seems to be a 'choke-point' for member development.

I'd like to see something modeled after the USAF Squadron Officer School online course, which I really enjoyed.

I can tell you it is a "choke-point" for me. I am active in CAP, and work hard to get ES quals and be "useful". I am also employed full-time, am President of the Georgia Pilots Association, and an AOPA ASN volunteer. I have not taken the ECI-13 due to the issues I have heard with it, especially the antiquated material. It is not worth my time to study somethign that is not very useful.

If the new SOC gets done as it sounds like I will be one of the first to take it!

Chappie

Quote from: lordmonar on February 11, 2009, 08:27:40 PM
I just got notified that I passed my ECI-13...now to do the paper work to get my Level V!  :clap:

Congrats!!!
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

piperl4

I just received word that the CAP has dropped the 20 exclusion for those that have attended the NCO Academy. 

I do believe that I have good news for you.  You know that 000013 course?  I have info that they are going to take the greater than 20 year exclusion for military training away.  It is too late for me, but I think you can discard the 00013 now and just have prior schooling credited for that block.  They just had a national meeting for regs and they took off the part about that it has to have been in the last 20 years to count.

Anyone know the facts on this?
Thanks

arajca

Your word is correct. With CAPR 50-17 currently up for comment, I think this will make in to the reg quickly - unlike some other NB decisions.

piperl4

Apparently the 20 year rule has been dropped I submitted my paperwork for my level II and it was accepted. After months of study of the Course 13 but then I did learn a bit along the way but good news for us old Military guys.

stratoflyer

Wondering. If I pass the ECI 13 course now, and I've got everything else done, do I get the certificate of proficiency, or do I get the Level II award with the ribbon?
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

dhon27

If you have everything but ECI 13 done for Level II, you should already have the Leadership Ribbon.  The ribbon is awarded for attaining a technician rating in a specialty track.  Completion of ECI 13 with all the other requirements for Level II results in the Benjamin O. Davis Award (formerly known as the Certificate of Proficiency).

stratoflyer

When did the Davis award become official?

BTW. I downloaded the flash card manager from e-services to use with the ECI 13 review questions and it just doesn't work.

SarDragon

What browser are you using? Some stuff from NHQ doesn't work well in anything except Internet Exploiter Exploder Explorer.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Short Field

I think it was the 14 Feb 07 Change to CAPR 50-17.  It had hung in limbo for a few years after the National Board approved it.  Knowledgebase links to a CAPR 50-17 that shows the Davis Award, but when you look at the current CAPR 50-17 in eServices, it still calls it the COP and has no reference to Davis.  Stranger and stranger....
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

AC

I took the test today. I think I'll pass, if the minimum score is not too high. That will complete my Level II. Maybe I'll put railroad tracks on in October!  ;D That will be 18 months TIG as 1 Lt.

Glad I got that out of the way! Wasn't too bad.

AC

Terence Maroste      "We're Paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're
Maj, CAP                   supposed to be surrounded."
AEO
SWR-TX-293                  -Captain Richard Winters

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: Short Field on March 21, 2009, 06:36:15 AM
I think it was the 14 Feb 07 Change to CAPR 50-17.  It had hung in limbo for a few years after the National Board approved it.  Knowledgebase links to a CAPR 50-17 that shows the Davis Award, but when you look at the current CAPR 50-17 in eServices, it still calls it the COP and has no reference to Davis.  Stranger and stranger....

They still list the exam from this topic as ECI-13. ECI  became AFIADL and is now AU 4/6. To rename the COP (or the ECI-13) they would have to go in and update all the old records.

stratoflyer

Ok. So I get the Davis award. There isn't a ribbon for that, is there?  :'(

More importantly, for members getting ready to do this that REALLY like ribbons, if they had completed the Davis award, and somewhere along They (those at NHQ) make a ribbon for it, would it be retroactive?

Has there been anything like that before in CAP?

The flash card manager works fine on my laptop, not my desktop. Weird.

ECI 13 study guide available from Ohio Wing:

http://ohwg.cap.gov/profdev/docs/NewPDdocs/AFIADL-13%20Study%20Guide.pdf

ThorntonOL

They are not going to create a ribbon for Level 2 completion due to already having the Leadership ribbon for earning Technician rating in a specialty track. Now if you already took the Yeager you get a special little sticker for your award, unless that has changed.
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: ThorntonOL on March 23, 2009, 12:33:50 AM
They are not going to create a ribbon for Level 2 completion due to already having the Leadership ribbon for earning Technician rating in a specialty track. Now if you already took the Yeager you get a special little sticker for your award, unless that has changed.

They still do. Minimum passing score for ECI-13 exam is 65.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Chicago_Pilot

Just took my ECI-13 / AFIADL 00013 test yesterday.  It is easy if you use some online study tools like the Ohio Wing Study Guide and Jesse Jones Squadron's quizzes.  "Thank You" to the members that posted those links on this forum!  Most of the questions are right from the Unit Review Exams.

Anyone nervous about taking it or thinking of waiting for a new course should just go ahead and enroll.  It is not nearly as cumbersome as others would have you believe.

Fifinella

^^^ Don't know how I missed those before, but thanks for pointing them out.  I'll pass the links to my squadron.  Cheers!
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

SarDragon

Well, frankly, as a Testing Officer, posting the above links, and accompanying info, in such a public manner, comes really close to compromising the test.

YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Spike

Quote from: SarDragon on May 20, 2009, 08:12:49 PM
Well, frankly, as a Testing Officer, posting the above links, and accompanying info, in such a public manner, comes really close to compromising the test.

YMMV.

Did you EVEN READ THEM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??

They are outlines, and instructions on how to enroll. 

At ease there highspeed.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret