Eaker Essay

Started by Capmonkey, June 26, 2018, 06:51:34 PM

Capmonkey

Hey, guys!
     I'm currently working on my Eaker essay and just finished up a rough draft. Would ya'll mind reviewing it and letting me know any feedback ya'll have? Thanks!

[Stored in a secure location]

TheSkyHornet

My thoughts would be that the intent of the essay is for your unit to provide that feedback, hence the rubric.

Capmonkey

Thanks for the feedback. I've asked a bunch of close friends and have gotten some really positive feedback. With that in mind, I will be turning my essay in within the next few days. Any other feedback is greatly appreciated.

C/Maj Capmonkey

FW

I know this essay is for your Eaker, and is not a controlled "closed book" exam, however I would suggest removing your work from this thread, and going thru more appropriate channels.  Why give other cadets your work, and why are you worried about this?  A Cadet Major should know better...IMHO.

Capmonkey

I apologize for just trying to get some humble feedback from fellow peers. With that in mind, will one of the moderators please remove the essay at the most convenient time for them. Thank you.

C/Maj Capmonkey.

TheSkyHornet

Nothing to apologize over.

It's just that the intent of the essay (and speech) is for you to write in your own words, to be reviewed by your training cadre, and presented in front of your peers for feedback.

I fully understand the thought behind having someone review your work before you submit it, but the feedback you get from your grading staff will be far more valuable to you as a cadet officer in your progression than 'outsiders' on social media.

Learning moment.

Capmonkey

Thank you. That's what I intended. Thanks for the help again.

SarDragon

OP removed and stored.
Outta here!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret