ELT Tracker

Started by NC Hokie, January 05, 2018, 06:09:05 PM

CroweMNCAP

Quote from: Eclipse on January 06, 2018, 03:15:53 AM
Quote from: CATM Larry on January 06, 2018, 03:01:02 AM
Quote from: GZCP31 on January 05, 2018, 10:32:31 PM
Quote from: NC Hokie on January 05, 2018, 06:09:05 PM

L-tronics is still around. http://www.ltronics.com/
Here is a link to a few different options from other Manufactures. http://www.cap-es.net/es%20electric%20technology/DF%20Unit%20Gallery.htm You can scroll down to see all the different items pictured. Only the VK3YNG (Viking) Sniffer 4 DF and the ACR Vecta 2 DF are still available new. You might be able to locate something used.

The site was last updated May 2015. The company is not making or selling any DF units, and may be officially closed by now.

+1 I called them and spoke to someone when we were shopping for the MK4 - no production scheduled and no
longer repairing old units.

We discussed here before that CAP, as an organization, still has a major mission of direction finding, and
no official source of the equipment required to prosecute that mission.

L-Tronics is OUT OF BUSINESS! I just checked via email and that was their reply. What a shame, another small business gone.

PHall

Quote from: CroweMNCAP on November 21, 2018, 01:04:11 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on January 06, 2018, 03:15:53 AM
Quote from: CATM Larry on January 06, 2018, 03:01:02 AM
Quote from: GZCP31 on January 05, 2018, 10:32:31 PM
Quote from: NC Hokie on January 05, 2018, 06:09:05 PM

L-tronics is still around. http://www.ltronics.com/
Here is a link to a few different options from other Manufactures. http://www.cap-es.net/es%20electric%20technology/DF%20Unit%20Gallery.htm You can scroll down to see all the different items pictured. Only the VK3YNG (Viking) Sniffer 4 DF and the ACR Vecta 2 DF are still available new. You might be able to locate something used.

The site was last updated May 2015. The company is not making or selling any DF units, and may be officially closed by now.

+1 I called them and spoke to someone when we were shopping for the MK4 - no production scheduled and no
longer repairing old units.

We discussed here before that CAP, as an organization, still has a major mission of direction finding, and
no official source of the equipment required to prosecute that mission.

L-Tronics is OUT OF BUSINESS! I just checked via email and that was their reply. What a shame, another small business gone.

They wanted to finally retire.

Luis R. Ramos

They have been out of business for three years or more. These are not news...

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Eclipse

Welcome to CAPTalk - spend some time with the search function before posting, you're likely to find
information you need that way.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on November 21, 2018, 01:25:15 AM

Welcome to CAPTalk - spend some time with the search function before posting, you're likely to find

Great job, Bob. Let's just run them off after one post now.  >:( A PM would have been much nicer.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on November 21, 2018, 03:14:17 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on November 21, 2018, 01:25:15 AM

Great job, Bob. Let's just run them off after one post now.  >:( A PM would have been much nicer.

I literally thought I was being nice.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

[L-Tronics is OUT OF BUSINESS! I just checked via email and that was their reply. What a shame, another small business gone.

Lt Col Crowe:  welcome to Cap Talk. Glad to see that you're still around!

Please bear with the usual social skills variability (you know the drill, right).

Best,
Spam