Specialty track badge placement

Started by SAREXinNY, February 17, 2021, 08:37:44 PM

SAREXinNY

I've read 39-1 about 4 times and I'm still not 100% sure about something. I'm a graduated commander. On my male service dress uniform, I wear the command pin 1/2 inch below my name tag. I want to wear a specialty track badge below the name tag as well. The reg says that specialty track badge goes 1 and 1/2 inches below the name tag.

The unit command pin is 7/8 inches tall. Do I space the specialty track badge off the name tag, or the bottom of the command pin? I guess it doesn't matter much since the difference is only 1/8 of an inch, right? I think I'm reading too much into this...

Anthony@CAP

There is a good drawing on the bottom left of page 48 of CAPR 39-1 that shows this setup (but with the Class B uniform) - essentially the location of the specialty track badge doesn't change when you add the graduated command pin - so as to remain centered with the badge on the other side.

SAREXinNY

Thank you. The spacing looks completely off on the Class B (probably due to the breast pocket button placement), but I'm glad someone else is confirming that my set-up makes sense and within regulation. I appreciate it.

Jester

Quote from: Anthony@CAP on February 18, 2021, 01:17:33 AMThere is a good drawing on the bottom left of page 48 of CAPR 39-1 that shows this setup (but with the Class B uniform) - essentially the location of the specialty track badge doesn't change when you add the graduated command pin - so as to remain centered with the badge on the other side.

That's how I was going to recommend it since it would look weird in comparison with the badge under the ribbons.