The Official Info re: sUAS Program

Started by etodd, February 15, 2019, 02:30:03 AM

etodd

If you are a current member, you are able to log into eServices and see this list:

https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.Minutes.Web/Default.aspx

Go to December 2018.  Pages 38 and 39
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

etodd

But what do I know. Someone tell me if the Board of Governors meetings are private and OpSec, or is it a public document?

Eclipse

Quote from: etodd on February 15, 2019, 02:57:24 AM
But what do I know. Someone tell me if the Board of Governors meetings are private and OpSec, or is it a public document?

Nothing the BOG does (other then explicitly private executive sessions) is secret, per se, especially
things that were presented in a conference room full of people and with minutes accessible to
40K members.

With that said, why do you believe the sUAS program is this big secret?  My wing has been briefed, emails sent,
mission discussed, there's no secret squirrel here.

"That Others May Zoom"

etodd

Quote from: Eclipse on February 15, 2019, 03:21:08 AM

With that said, why do you believe the sUAS program is this big secret?  My wing has been briefed, emails sent,
mission discussed, there's no secret squirrel here.

I don't, and thats why I've been posting so much about it. LOL

But I wanted to hear it from someone specifically about the 'minutes'.  I've gotten jumped on many times here by people saying I was talking too much (Syracuse mission, etc.) when those were very public things as well.  Some of the folks here have made me gun shy.

Eclipse

Quote from: etodd on February 15, 2019, 03:27:41 AM(Syracuse mission, etc.) when those were very public things as well.  Some of the folks here have made me gun shy.

That's the proper stance.  Syracuse was and is a totally different situation that involves the safety
and operations of an outside organizaiton.

That organizaiton can publish and tell all the stories it wants to, CAP should not.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret