Squadron Meetings on Federal Holidays

Started by Noah Pluska, February 11, 2019, 08:59:30 PM

Noah Pluska

For the past 2 mondays my squadron has cancelled its weekly meetings due to a winter storm that has moved through our region. There is talk about having a meeting next week on presidents day to begin making up for the cancelled meetings. It this OK? I cant seem to find the regulation specifically prohibiting meetings on federal holidays, but would like to know if its permitted?
Thanks!
-C/SMSgt Noah Pluska
PCR-WA-051

jeders

Why would that not be permitted? Your squadron can meet on any day that it wants.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

PHall

Might depend on where they meet. If they meet in a federal facility they may not have access on Federal Holidays.
That's the biggest reason my unit doesn't meet on Mondays. We meet on a Naval Weapons Station have been told by the base that we would not have access on Federal Holidays.

TheSkyHornet

Federal holidays don't apply to CAP; only the federal government.

PHall

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on February 12, 2019, 03:11:00 AM
Federal holidays don't apply to CAP; only the federal government.

In our case they apply to the Navy Civilian Security Guards who guard the gate.

Kayll'b

Our squadron takes federal holidays off. Not sure if there's a regulation on it though.
C/Capt

Mitchell # 69847

Squadron Cadet Leadership officer

GCAC Recorder

SarDragon

Quote from: Kayll'b on February 12, 2019, 06:09:38 AM
Our squadron takes federal holidays off. Not sure if there's a regulation on it though.

There isn't. It's an entirely local decision.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret