Who are, in your opinion, the benefactors of CAP?

Started by Major Carrales, November 06, 2006, 06:28:25 AM

Major Carrales

This thread is the antithesis of the "Enemies of CAP" thread.

Like that thread, these beneficial elements needn't be human, but can be concepts or practices.

Even Kirk tells Spock..."Let's use reverse logic...tell me what it isn't!" 

Maybe we can gain a better understanding of our weaknesses by looking at our strengths...by actually talking about what is "not wrong."
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

lordmonar

The lowly squadron staff officer doing his job, knowing he will never get a ribbon, paid or much to show for it except the graditude of his squadron commander.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Major Carrales

Quote from: lordmonar on November 06, 2006, 07:17:08 AM
The lowly squadron staff officer doing his job, knowing he will never get a ribbon, paid or much to show for it except the graditude of his squadron commander.

Amen to that...next Saturday I'll drink to that!
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

DNall

Certainly all the dedicated hard working people that pour their heart & soul into making CAP better, be that their little piece of it or the big picture. Call it a passion for excellence in all we do & service before self if you like. No question about that one.

I'd also have to list the MANY MANY folks in the AF that love CAP either in practice or at least in concept & have worked over the years to see we were supported. That includes the members of congress that for all their faults have always made sure CAP was taken care of even though none fo their voters would ever care one way or the other.

Really despite what you may think of what I've said, I don't think CAP is overwhelmed by enemies out to see harm done to us. Quite the opposite. I think just about everyone in or out of CAP (w/ very few exceptions) thinks it's a great thing that needs to continue & expand. Our issues come when the mass of people w/ good intentions are chasing off in differnt directions because we aren't unified with a shared vision & strong leadership in a just system. The fact that people endure despite this speaks highly to their dedication & passion.

Conceptcially, SDIS & ARCHER are examples of us starting down the road to a modern useful force that can do greatly expanded missions. There's other technologies out there we can & increasingly will make use of. The current situation with HLS, including the fundiong available, plays right into that.

I'd also say what's going on in Iowa has to make the list, as well as a handful of programs in other wings that are exceptional. Our CTEP program here, as well as the similiar versions in California, Florida, & I think Illinois. Florida also has some good things going in disaster response, as you'd expect. The comm stuff going on is great & I hope it continues to develop for the future rather than looking backwards for what to aquire.

And, 1AF has to make the list too. Their appreciation for us resulted in a lot more funding than we would have gotten, and is helping open up more HLS work.

connelly

FEMA, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard because we let them have less work

And the pilots and people who get lost becuase we have to go find them when they crash or get lost
C/CMSGT Connelly
Topsail Composite Squadron
http://topsailcomposite.com

A.Member

Our youth! ...and, as such, our community.  We are developing future leaders.

Why is that everyone here is so focused on operations?  That is only 1/3rd of our mission. 
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Johnny Yuma

How about the kids in the Cadet Program?Seem we've forgotten all about them.

Hell, they're one of the reasons I've stayed in through all the nonsense.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on November 11, 2006, 01:33:07 PM
How about the kids in the Cadet Program?Seem we've forgotten all about them.

Hell, they're one of the reasons I've stayed in through all the nonsense.

Sounds familiar.

I'm still around to 'pay forward' everything I myself gained as a cadet. It's the least I can do; besides, I made a promise to do so.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

Pylon

Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on November 11, 2006, 05:47:35 PM
I'm still around to 'pay forward' everything I myself gained as a cadet. It's the least I can do; besides, I made a promise to do so.

:clap:  Same here.  I don't think I'll be able to give enough back, but to know I at least gave something back to the program.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Chappie

In the 10 years that I have been part of CAP I have been given an opportunity to serve in some capacity of every level of CAP -- squadron to national.  I am constantly amazed and overwhelmed by the level of commitment and dedication that I have seen in our members -- cadets and senior mem...officers alike. 

When I was recruited, I was told about the ES side of the house.  My personal background was something that fit the bill.  However, upon my first few visits it was the cadet program that sold me.   Though I am active in the 3-fold mission of CAP, it is my involvement in the Cadet Program that provides the most satisfaction.   It has been a great experience to watch a shy 12 year old come in...uncertain of what is taking place.  And to observe that same cadet earn the milestone awards --- go on to college, serve in the military or take their place as contributing members in the workforce. 
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

ELTHunter

Quote from: Chappie on November 13, 2006, 02:58:48 AM
In the 10 years that I have been part of CAP I have been given an opportunity to serve in some capacity of every level of CAP -- squadron to national.  I am constantly amazed and overwhelmed by the level of commitment and dedication that I have seen in our members -- cadets and senior mem...officers alike. 

When I was recruited, I was told about the ES side of the house.  My personal background was something that fit the bill.  However, upon my first few visits it was the cadet program that sold me.   Though I am active in the 3-fold mission of CAP, it is my involvement in the Cadet Program that provides the most satisfaction.   It has been a great experience to watch a shy 12 year old come in...uncertain of what is taking place.  And to observe that same cadet earn the milestone awards --- go on to college, serve in the military or take their place as contributing members in the workforce. 

Just last week, I had an e-mail from a cadet that joined about the same time I did.  I eventually ended up being his Deputy Commander for Cadets when he was the Cadet Commander.  He e-mailed me to say he had, just that day, passed his check ride for his private pilots license.  I also have several former cadets that are/were active duty, reserve or guard members.

Somewhat more somber, but also rewarding, is taking part in a successfull but dissappointing search where relatives of the victim express gratitude that the remains of their loved one were found and recovered from a remote crash site.

Those are some of the great things about being part of the organization.
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer