National Board August 2007 Meeting Minutes (Draft)

Started by Pylon, September 08, 2007, 12:44:14 AM

Pylon

Officially unofficial minutes from the August 2007 National Board meeting... that interesting document you've all been waiting for.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

JC004

By request and by majority vote of the National Board, former National Commander Brig Gen William Patterson was allowed to speak.  He stated that the National Advisory Council is unanimous in its opposition to extend the term of office of the National Commander as well as for region and wing commanders.  He added that it would be a misstep for CAP to eliminate the opportunity of those behind the current leaders to go higher at a regular pace.  This should prevent the loss of a lot of top-notch people.  Also, experience in CAP and the Air Force has shown that it isn't appropriate to keep someone in a command position for more than 2 to 3 years.

There was a request for a secret ballot vote.  The amended motion reads as follows:

"That the National Board votes to recommend to the BoG a change in the Constitution and Bylaws that would allow an incumbent National Commander, but excluding the current incumbent,  to run for a second term of office of three years."

THE MOTION DID NOT PASS (58 voted no; 5 voted yes; 1 abstention)

SJFedor

Ok...

Is it just me, or is this the fastest the NB minutes have ever been published?

58 to 5. That's a lot better then last go-around.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

mikeylikey

I would love to know who voted yes!  We already know the PAWG Commander was one.....any others out??
What's up monkeys?

RiverAux

Jeez, I hadn't even had a chance to complain about the minutes not being posted yet.   >:(

National Advisory Council?  Who and what is that?  Never heard of it before. 

JCJ

Quote from: RiverAux on September 08, 2007, 02:24:13 AM
Jeez, I hadn't even had a chance to complain about the minutes not being posted yet.   >:(

National Advisory Council?  Who and what is that?  Never heard of it before. 

Former National Commanders

pixelwonk

The NAC is made up of the living former National Commanders, who act as, well... advisors to the command leadership of CAP.  They're kind of like those two old guys up in the balcony on the Muppet Show.
IIRC, this was the second time they voiced their opposition of term extensions for corporate officers.

JC004

I am confused.  Didn't TP or someone tell us that after TP met with the NAC, they didn't oppose that plan anymore?  WTH is going on here?

Cecil DP

Quote from: JC004 on September 08, 2007, 02:59:12 AM
I am confused.  Didn't TP or someone tell us that after TP met with the NAC, they didn't oppose that plan anymore?  WTH is going on here?

TP Lied, the NAC lied, one or the other, maybe both.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Cecil DP

Quote from: mikeylikey on September 08, 2007, 02:01:35 AM
I would love to know who voted yes!  We already know the PAWG Commander was one.....any others out??

Most likely Col Walling, MER, she seconded  the motion
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

CAPOfficer

Quote from: JC004 on September 08, 2007, 02:59:12 AM

I don't know anything about what Gen Pineda may have informed others, but the NAC has always opposed this proposal.