Flying Minutemen.net goes hot

Started by pixelwonk, August 12, 2007, 12:05:40 AM

pixelwonk

www.flyingminutemen.net went live today, featuring the very first "Auger In" CAP comic strip, as well as the Weekly reCAP for Aug 5-11.

Peel, eat and enjoy.

MIKE

You started another site?  Are you nuts?   :o

Mike Johnston

pixelwonk

MIKE

Is it gonna be like AF Blues: "You're not truly [mess] hot until there's a comic about you."?
Mike Johnston

pixelwonk

Well, if you like AFBlues, you'll love Auger In.

...or at least want to compare it and make a hasty judgment :D

Lancer

Bravo Tedd.... glad to see you put your iron 'back in the fire'!

I look forward to reading your contributions... ;D

MIKE

Quote from: tedda on August 12, 2007, 12:28:21 AM

I didn't mean for it to come across that way... Just to be clear.
Mike Johnston

pixelwonk

Quote from: MIKE on August 12, 2007, 12:36:19 AM

I didn't mean for it to come across that way... Just to be clear.

I'm just joshin

jimmydeanno

I think Tommy Lee Jones is violating CAP regulations holding that Series 4 Deatomizer in CAP uniform...so if he has that, you know Will Smith is packing a "noisy cricket."
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

docspur

Looks good...but I have a problem with the girl & the cig.  Could send a wrong message out.  DDR is part of our programs for cadets, and DDR means Drug Free...and that includes tobacco.

Please don't think me hypocritical on this.  I smoke, but I don't smoke around cadets and I don't talk about smoking or needing a smoke, etc.

Capt DL Spurlock, Commander
NCR-MO-127 - Trail of Tears Composite Squadron

Group IV Safety Officer
Missouri Wing

MIKE

I disagree... Thats called heritage... Leave it alone.
Mike Johnston

TankerT

Actually, if you refresh a few times, you'll get the smoking lady to say different things... and eventually get TLJ and WS to show up...

Hawsome!

:clap:

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

pixelwonk

Comments should be fixed.  First posters get held automatically.  It's a spam control feature of the system.  I'll approve them asap, so no need to post the same message twice.

Thanks for visiting!

alamrcn

I think the MiB job is even better than the Milton/Red Stapler one.... very nice!

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

pixelwonk

thanks for the kind words guys.

Oh, and Colgan... the site has a favicon now, ya baby.  :D

JC004

Quote from: tedda on August 12, 2007, 11:09:45 PM
thanks for the kind words guys.

Oh, and Colgan... the site has a favicon now, ya baby.  :D

mmm favicons

jb512

Quote from: docspur on August 12, 2007, 09:17:58 AM
Looks good...but I have a problem with the girl & the cig.  Could send a wrong message out.  DDR is part of our programs for cadets, and DDR means Drug Free...and that includes tobacco.

Please don't think me hypocritical on this.  I smoke, but I don't smoke around cadets and I don't talk about smoking or needing a smoke, etc.

Good point, but a little too "21st century".  Smoking was the thing to do back in the day that picture is representing.

jimmydeanno

I really like this weeks "Auger In" - there is a guy in our squadron that looks just like that Lt Col... I LOVE IT!
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

pixelwonk

Thank you. It's becoming quite fun to create the different characters.  Anyone care to name him?

CAPLAW

Ted, have you seen Little Bush on Comedy centeral? Im not a big fan of it , how about little TP ;D

jimmydeanno

I think the old Lt Col looks like a Rudy Von Schelmaker (name I just made up, that's what I thought his name was when I saw him...)

P.S. the thick eyebrows are the best part...

Skyray

Quote from: CAPLAW on August 31, 2007, 05:08:47 PM
Ted, have you seen Little Bush on Comedy centeral? Im not a big fan of it , how about little TP ;D

Anyone who watches Comedy Central is unqualified to be an LEO.  Next you'll be giving us quotes from the Daily Show and the Colbert Rapport.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

TankerT

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 31, 2007, 03:16:45 PM

I really like this weeks "Auger In" - there is a guy in our squadron that looks just like that Lt Col... I LOVE IT!

Yes, that was a well done strip.  The Lt Col reminds me of several "old salts" I know, and the newbie in the strip has a nice haircut.

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

Lancer

Quote from: tedda on August 31, 2007, 04:01:33 PM
Thank you. It's becoming quite fun to create the different characters.  Anyone care to name him?

How about Lt Col Theodore "Roosevelt" Angus?

Col Angus for short.  ;D

♠SARKID♠

He looks like a beefed up Col Haffner lol

pixelwonk

Major Carrales

Quote from: TankerT on August 31, 2007, 06:18:28 PM
Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 31, 2007, 03:16:45 PM

Yes, that was a well done strip.  The Lt Col reminds me of several "old salts" I know, and the newbie in the strip has a nice haircut.

The older Lt Col looks like someone what might be named...

Lt Col Ambrose "Swede" Erlander- Former USAF Major, long time CAP Officer.  Former Group Commander, staunch CAP squadron commander.

Newbie...

SM (now Lt Col) Arthur "Mac" McKeller-  bio in print.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

shorning

For some reason, the newbie looks like a "Jeff" to me.  Dunno...

pixelwonk

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP