Main Menu

Civil Air Patrol Survey

Started by spencercarli, November 13, 2013, 12:28:32 AM

spencercarli

Hey everyone, I'm a former CAP member and I was talking to an old friend of mine who was in the program with me. We got to talking about some struggles we would have planning bivouacs for the squadron. I'm curious if anyone would be willing to fill out a survey for us?

Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1n6UmPUEi5vNvjZxBJjRnjMcKNWjZhTN7B4AcmGkLVmM/viewform

Thanks a lot everyone!

planenut767

I'm sorry, but I have to ask this: what is the purpose of this survey? You're no longer a member so what is it exactly that you're trying to accomplish?

cap235629

looks like a phishing scheme to me
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Angus

Quote from: cap235629 on November 13, 2013, 07:10:26 PM
looks like a phishing scheme to me

I would agree I took a look and found it funny the only required info is name and email. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

TexasCadet

Get rid of questions 1-4 and it would be a decent survey.

SarDragon

Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Tick-tock.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Private Investigator

S-U-S-P-I-C-I-O-U-S .. IMPO so I am guessing I will bill it to Cost Center #5150  >:D

SARDOC

Quote from: Private Investigator on November 14, 2013, 01:45:09 PM
S-U-S-P-I-C-I-O-U-S .. IMPO so I am guessing I will bill it to Cost Center #5150  >:D

HAHA...That cracked me up. 

Private Investigator

Me too! Somebody wants my name and my email address? That is crazy (5150)   ;)

Майор Хаткевич

Hey! I just met you. And this is crazy. But here's my email, so spam me maybe!

Flying Pig

I will be setting up a similar poll.  A copy of your drivers license and your ATM card and PIN is all that's required to participate.

Eclipse

You might as well grab mom's maiden name "just in case". 

Interestingly - while this appears to be a "drive-by", it's the least anon drive-by I've ever seen.  His Twitter mentions the survey as well.

"That Others May Zoom"

TexasCadet

Here's how to fill out the form:

Are you currently or have you ever been in Civil Air Patrol? *
Yes

Name *
Frank Furter

Email Address *
Yes

What's the highest level of leadership you've achieved within Civil Air Patrol?
Flight Sergeant, Cadet Commander, Squadron Commander, etc.
Official Nobody

Have you ever gone to an outdoor oriented Civil Air Patrol event? *
Bivouac, camping, training, encampment, etc.
Yes

If yes, what type of equipment were you required to bring?
Water bottle, backpack, uniform(s). Specific brands?
RipOff Water "From the tap to your wallet."
BDUs
Other, trivial stuff

If yes, what additional equipment did you bring with you?
Food, bedding, etc
24" screen TV (no power source)

If yes, where did you purchase/obtain your equipment?
Website, store
www.elcheapostuff.com

What issues, if any, did you have in obtaining your equipment?
It cost a lot of $$$.

;D

spencercarli

Hey folks, my apologies for not responding earlier to this. Here's a bit of back story on this survey:

I was recently talking to a fellow former cadet that I would plan bivouacs with and we were discussing some of the issues we would have when trying to acquire equipment and I started to get curious if anyone else has these issues as well, so I made a survey.

Why? Well I'm a business student in College right now, and an entrepreneur, so I wanted to do some market research to see if I could help alleviate anyone else's problems (if they existed) in obtaining equipment.

I understand that it is fishy but here's the reasoning for the required fields. The name and email are there so people don't spam me out, the others aren't required so you can submit it. I was also curious if many other people do any outdoor activities with their squadron.

As stated I've also posted this from my personal Twitter account and Facebook. I take pride in keeping my name clean so I guarantee I won't be spamming anyone. However I understand wanting to stay confidential so please don't feel obligated at all to fill this out. I won't feel bad at all if you decide to pass this.

If you want to check me out, so you know I'm not a spamming fool, my website is spencercarli.com. You can find links to my social profiles there as well to check out my legitimacy.

If you've got any input on how to make this survey less spammy feeling please let me know!

Thanks for all your input everyone.

-Spencer

P.S. is there a way to setup a notification system so I can respond faster?

SAREXinNY

Spencer,

The biggest issue is the name and email address requirement.  I see no purpose to these questions.  Your explanation that you require this information so "people don't spam me out" makes no sense to me.

As Sergeant Friday would say, "just the facts ma'am".  All you need is the facts, so just ask for the facts.  The other questions make people S-U-S-P-I-C-I-O-U-S, and understandably so.

spencercarli

Greatly appreciate the input! I'm going to try and modify the form now. Would it still seem fishy if I left these fields but made them optional to fill out? If I do move forward with this I'd like to get in touch with people who have filled out the form and let them know the status.

Thank you for taking the time to help me improve this survey!

Eclipse

Quote from: spencercarli on November 15, 2013, 03:48:37 PM
P.S. is there a way to setup a notification system so I can respond faster?

Click "NOTIFY" at the bottom of the thread.

"That Others May Zoom"

spencercarli