Current Uniform Insignia Sewing Cheat Sheet For Tailors?

Started by chuckmilam, March 02, 2018, 01:58:15 PM

chuckmilam

Does anyone have an updated "cheat sheet" for sewing on insignia (ABUs, etc.) with simplified instructions and diagrams for sending along to the tailor?  I think there was something in the "Uniform Tips" sticky thread at one time, but the images there no longer seem to display.

Thought I'd ask here before I go and reinvent the wheel.  I'm about to take the plunge, try to overcome my OCD uniform issues (thanks, Cadet Program!  :D )  and just send my stuff to the tailor with instructions and hope it meets my standards when I get it back, so I want to provide as much clear detail as I can. 

NIN

send them to me,  Chuck.  My rates are cheap and you'll get them done right
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

chuckmilam

NIN

Darn.  Maybe? I don't hem trousers or do blue jacket braid.

If you get them to me by Monday,  I can likely get them turned around in 24 hrs.

But you're likely to have faster luck locally
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

chuckmilam

I'm fortunate to have a multitude of uniform sewing choices just outside the gates at Ft. Campbell, so I'll try locally.  If it doesn't work out well, I'll be in touch with NIN's Tailoring Service! 

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

kwe1009

I usually just print out the page from 39-1 and give it to the tailor.  That works about 90% of the time.

chuckmilam

Quote from: kwe1009 on March 02, 2018, 03:46:58 PM
I usually just print out the page from 39-1 and give it to the tailor.  That works about 90% of the time.
These days, I don't trust the reading comprehension of anyone I'm not familiar with.  I ended up creating my own sheet from the various relevant pages of 39-1 and the ABU wear instructions, with particular attention on the 1/8 inch of blue showing around the insignia requirement. 

teenyphilly

Quote from: chuckmilam on March 02, 2018, 05:42:50 PM
Quote from: kwe1009 on March 02, 2018, 03:46:58 PM
These days, I don't trust the reading comprehension of anyone I'm not familiar with.  I ended up creating my own sheet from the various relevant pages of 39-1 and the ABU wear instructions, with particular attention on the 1/8 inch of blue showing around the insignia requirement.

Can you send this to me possibly? Would love to use it.

chuckmilam

Sure, I can do that.  PM me your email and I'll send it on. 

hamburgee

Quote from: chuckmilam on March 12, 2018, 12:38:33 PM
Sure, I can do that.  PM me your email and I'll send it on.
I'm gonna PM you my email too if you'd send it to me too please. Thank you!