Main Menu

Blue BDU's

Started by shlebz, August 10, 2011, 01:07:00 AM

shlebz

are cadets even authorized to wear them(being the BBDUS)? i have never heard eather way as to if we were or not.
C/1stLt Shelby Heberling
Mitchell #59813

lordmonar

Yes....in fact cadets who do not meet USAF weight standards are supposed to wear BBDUs.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Mavvrikk

I would like to see what they look like, picture please!

JayT

"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

AngelWings

Quote from: lordmonar on August 10, 2011, 01:14:29 AM
Yes....in fact cadets who do not meet USAF weight standards are supposed to wear BBDUs.
Sir, I think you might have meant cap weight standards, and that cadets over 18 are required to wear the BBDU.

SarDragon

Quote from: Littleguy on August 10, 2011, 02:09:36 AM
Sir, I think you might have meant cap weight standards, and that cadets over 18 are required to wear the BBDU.

Littleguy, you're pushing your luck. Chillax, and take a break. You need it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

davidsinn

Quote from: SarDragon on August 10, 2011, 02:26:30 AM

Actually he's right, just not entirely clear. All cadets may wear the BBDU. Cadets that don't meet weight for AF style uniforms that are over 18 must wear the BBDU. Cadets of all ages do not get to be out of grooming regardless of uniform per a "recent" memo from CAP/CC.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

AngelWings

What?

DakRadz

EDIT: Well, Capt Sinn said all this more concisely- consider me his Little LPER.

Okay, to clarify the wide and varied opinions and slight facts everyone hath thus far posteth-

Note that I will NOT use knowledgebase as a reference.

You must meet TWO criteria in order to be required to wear Blue BDUs
1) Outside of CAP Height/Weight standards
2) Over the age of 18

You ARE ALLOWED to wear the distinctive uniforms if you'd like
CAPM 39-1; Ch 4; 4-1 Cadet members are authorized to wear the CAP utility uniform, field uniform, and blazer
combinations as desired.

When in a distinctive uniform as a cadet you MUST still meet grooming standards.
http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/2008_07_15_cadet_grooming_standards_C47203C9D3555.pdf

The above link contains a Letter from CAP/CC addressing this issue.

Any questions, class?

AngelWings

Quote from: DakRadz on August 10, 2011, 02:38:37 AM
EDIT: Well, Capt Sinn said all this more concisely- consider me his Little LPER.

Okay, to clarify the wide and varied opinions and slight facts everyone hath thus far posteth-

2) Over the age of 18

CAPM 39-1; Ch 4; 4-1 Cadet members are authorized to wear the CAP utility uniform, field uniform, and blazer
combinations as desired.

When in a distinctive uniform as a cadet you MUST still meet grooming standards.
http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/2008_07_15_cadet_grooming_standards_C47203C9D3555.pdf

Any questions, class?
Thank you for posting the link. Clears up some CAPM-39-1 questions.

davidsinn

Quote from: DakRadz on August 10, 2011, 02:38:37 AM

2) Over the age of 18

combinations as desired.

Any questions, class?

Yeah that's the detail level I'm too tired to pull off tonight ;)
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

a2capt

Quote from: Littleguy on August 10, 2011, 02:35:26 AM

What?
Yeah, "What?". The statement was not correct as posted, and the whole topic is a bit ambiguous until a few posts past this original occurrence.

Майор Хаткевич

I don't know, his post seemed to make a lot of sense to me. It was corrections of lordmonar, and makes sense when you read both.

I wear the BBDUs, as I'm outside the AF weight regs.

Major Lord

So a cadet wears BBDU's if he is outside CAP ( NOT AF!) height/weight tables, but a Senior member can wear them if he is sausage bodied, pony-tailed, unshaven, and has body piercing (okay, maybe not body piercing) and a forked tongue.....That should be a real incentive for those cadets who are on the borderline of the bell curve! " I want to look just like Senior Member Moon Child!" Nice. I had one cadet drop out when he became ineligible to meet uniform requirements ( also, its really hard to find uniforms and boots for cadets that are 6-6, weigh 300 pounds, and wear size 16 Boots.....)

Major Lord's quick Uniform rules:

1) Multiply your waist size in inches by two: if the number is lower than your height in inches, you are almost certainly within CAP regs. If not, look up table to be sure.

2) Look down: Can you see your shoes? If not a) check your glasses, and b) Check the height/weight table before putting on the AF Uniform.

I like the BBDU's but the Woodland Cammies don't show dirt, blood, and lint, and I already have two closets full of uniforms, and I hate to pay for yet one more set!

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

JC004

JayT

Quote from: JC004 on August 10, 2011, 02:19:39 PM
Quote from: JThemann on August 10, 2011, 01:45:53 AM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/Peregrine005/ea7c.jpg

What is wrong with that middle cadet's flag patch?  It's shaped weird.

That picture was taken........five years ago? Man I look young.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

gunnysargentbecekett

its the cap weight regulation not the usaf.

DakRadz

Quote from: gunnysargentbecekett on August 11, 2011, 07:35:55 PM

its the cap weight regulation not the usaf.

SarDragon, if you would do the honors... I can't find a polite way to address the entirety of every post he's made so far.

But Ian? You need to read the rest of the thread first. I already addressed that, in great detail. (I refuse to call him a GySgt)

Mavvrikk

Whats the difference between the two? Besides the color?

DakRadz

Quote from: Mavvrikk on August 11, 2011, 08:17:00 PM
Whats the difference between the two? Besides the color?

Nothing, except that one cannot be worn by those who do not meet CAP H/W and grooming standards. Blue BDUs are Civil Air Patrol-specific, i.e. NOT worn by the Air Force (and according to MIKE, they are different from the Coast Guard's ODUs, which are the same color but have differences).

Basically- If you want to wear Air Force-style uniforms, you have to shave and weigh under a certain amount. And for cadets, you still have to shave regardless.