Medals to be worn on the dress blue uniform

Started by JArvey, December 08, 2010, 12:45:19 AM

flyboy53

OK, can we stop the war. Trying to follow this post is like watching volleys of artillery being lobbed back and forth.

Many of you seem to confuse badges and decorations with traditional cadet achievement awards. I would only hope that all cadets reflect the activeness of the cadet pictured. Please remember this, our current cadet achievement and actually the senior member PD process have ribbons built into them to reflect little (some would also say big) steps to steer a cadet or senior member through a process leading to a specific level of achievement. This cadet is clearly the exception.

I'm not going to quote statistics here. If one of you want to, fine, but its my experience that senior member progression usually stops at the Loeing Award, and I don't know how many cadets I've known who achieve their Mitchells and then everything seems to stop.

Go ahead, commiserate about changing it and I'll bet you that cadet achievements and senior member professional development will go out the window. So, in other words, all the different ribbons have a required function. It's your choice whether you want to wear them or not.

My only observation here, though, is that nothing above the lapel notch should probably be scrapped....especially when it seems so obviously counter productive ,,,, and more like an old Air Force rule where you couldn't wear more ribbons than your commander. I can see it now, the squadron commander begins dictating how many ribbons can be worn. That will go over like a lead brick!

I defer to Sparky. Lets move on and join the new century.

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Eclipse

Quote from: flyboy1 on December 12, 2010, 06:53:19 PMI can see it now, the squadron commander begins dictating how many ribbons can be worn. That will go over like a lead brick!

Yes, horrors!  Squadron commanders setting standard.  That is the last thing we want.

"That Others May Zoom"

Hawk200

Quote from: Major Carrales on December 12, 2010, 04:52:53 PM
There have been several discussions, committees and other machinations about preparing a solid CAP uniform manual instead of the hodge-podge of letters (which, as I understand it, are supposed to be codified in the Regs after a given time or phase out) but it never seems to happen.
Too true, Major. One thing that in a way is a bit negative, but also shows they accept from the field is the section in 39-1 that describes the cadet Honor Guard uniform. It sems like this was simply cut and pasted into the new pub, and then puked out as the official manual. Maybe they would be willing to accept a well written manual, and simply put it out. As long as there is a succinct summary of logical changes, it might fly.

I could easily slam together a 36-2903 style manual with proper spelling, clear descriptive directions, and useful pictures in a week's time. Could probably use a few pics from the current 39-1 to do so. The pub just needs someone that's paying attention.