Aero Ed members and the Recruiter Ribbon

Started by 3rd502nd, April 27, 2018, 05:09:06 PM

3rd502nd

If I recruit a teacher as an Aerospace Education member, does that count toward my recruiter ribbon and my R & R specialty track?  They don't show up on a squadron roster because they don't belong to a unit.

Thanks!

NC Hokie

That is a question best directed to your commander. I can make a great argument for counting AEMs, CSMs, and legislative squadron members, but he or she is the one that has to sign the CAPF 2A for you.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

ßτε

Have you looked at the criteria listed in CAPR 39-3?

NIN

The requirement is for "cadets or seniors." AEMs are associate members.

as NC Hokie suggested, you _can_ make a great argument for AEMs and Legislative members (CSMs are Senior Members, look in 39-2, para 1.2), however, the criteria is "cadets or seniors," so you'd be on fairly thin ice IMHO.

(ie. if you have a legislative member who takes the steps to become a full-fledged senior,  then yes. But otherwise, I'd say no. Same goes for AEMs.  I've seen some school districts pony up the AEM one-time fee as "professional development" for their STEM educators. Is that a recruiting effort, or a transaction at that point?) 

I'd argue that the value proposition and effort required to recruit a qualified, active & participating member versus an AEM or other associate membership category is utterly different.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.