Go Directly to the First Unread Post

Started by JacobAnn, November 23, 2014, 11:34:04 AM

JacobAnn

I'm on several forums and on login most of them either take me directly to first unread post or have a button to view unread posts.  I don't see that option in CAPTALK.  If I want to pick up where I left off during my last CAPTALK visit I have to scroll through all the previously read posts to get to the first one I haven't read.  I know I can jump to a specific page but then I still have to find where I left off on my previous visit.  This isn't a big deal but if there is an easy way to go directly to the first unread post I would love to find out about it.

whatevah

Umm... you mean like the link at the top of the page "Show unread posts since last visit."?
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Luis R. Ramos

Or the little flag that says new after you get a listing of those unread threads? The flag that, when you click on it, will take you directly to the newest message on that thread?
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

SarDragon

If you go to Profile, and then Look and Layout, you can click the box for Show most recent posts at the top, and that should help.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JacobAnn

Quote from: SarDragon on November 23, 2014, 07:18:21 PM
If you go to Profile, and then Look and Layout, you can click the box for Show most recent posts at the top, and that should help.

Thank you Dave.  That is the answer I needed.  All is well now.

Pylon

If you click on "Show Unread posts since last visit" (or bookmark that link) and then click on the "New" icon next to each thread's name, you will be taken to the oldest post in the thread that you have not yet read.  The button looks like this:
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

JacobAnn

Quote from: Pylon on November 24, 2014, 03:31:42 PM
If you click on "Show Unread posts since last visit" (or bookmark that link) and then click on the "New" icon next to each thread's name, you will be taken to the oldest post in the thread that you have not yet read.  The button looks like this:

Thank you.  I will do that.

Luis R. Ramos

Pylon's reply was done after my post, which was reply #2... Basically the same thing, different way...
Squadron Safety Officer

JacobAnn

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on November 25, 2014, 04:59:11 PM
Pylon's reply was done after my post, which was reply #2... Basically the same thing, different way...

Thank you too Luis.  The forum tools work great once you know how to use them.

PHall

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on November 25, 2014, 04:59:11 PM

He's a Administrator of this site, so his answer is "better"!!! >:D

Luis R. Ramos

Ok Mr Hall!

Always finding a way to rebuff me?  >:D

I have a "better" answer: he's more gracious than you since he did not rub that in my face!  >:D

(And hopefully he realizes we are just joshing with each other and does not lock the thread!)
Squadron Safety Officer