Attendance bulk data entry?

Started by Holding Pattern, May 15, 2018, 06:50:15 PM

Holding Pattern

So I know there are several areas of e-services that support bulk data entry. Does the attendance module have that capability? I'm hoping I'm just missing a button...

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Holding Pattern

Quote from: NIN on May 15, 2018, 08:52:26 PM
Not yet

I will hope for "soon", because I have 2 barcode scanners I picked up for cheap that will make life seriously simple on this front.

Eclipse

Quote from: Holding Pattern on May 15, 2018, 09:35:22 PM
Not yet

I will hope for "soon", because I have 2 barcode scanners I picked up for cheap that will make life seriously simple on this front.

"Soon" is relative.

39-1, in its current, errant / incomplete form turns 4 years old next month.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Quote from: Eclipse on May 16, 2018, 12:18:49 AM
Not yet

"Soon" is relative.

39-1, in its current, errant / incomplete form turns 4 years old next month.
Where's the party being held?  >:D

TheSkyHornet

Maybe it's me, but I'm not picking up on what's meant by "bulk" here...

I assumed it meant the member roster for meeting attendance, which eServices does have a module for.

Eclipse

Right now you have to select each member individually, including choices like "on time" and "uniform".

It would be nice to have a place to just dump CAPIDs, or maybe a .csv uploader for all the choices.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on May 16, 2018, 12:18:49 AM
"Soon" is relative.

I was thinking in "Elon Time"
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

That's plausible.

"Elon Time" is "rush to market and then let your customers test your products"...

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on May 16, 2018, 06:01:47 PM
That's plausible.

"Elon Time" is "rush to market and then let your customers test your products"...

No.

"Elon Time" is time on Elon Musk's scale. Which is to say, not normal time.

Its "We're going to fly Falcon Heavy in 2012. I meant 2013. Which is to say, in the next 12 months. That means 2014? Oh, hmmm. Well, it will definitely fly in Q4 2014. Until it slips to 2015, but it will definitely fly then. Or, well, first quarter 2016, right? I meant Q3 2016. But we're actually going to schedule it for Q4.  And its scheduled for Q1 2017. Oh, look, it flew!"

Its similar to the "Reality Distortion Field" that surrounded Steve Jobs.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Eclipse

Heh - yeah, sounds about right, and apropos in this case.

"That Others May Zoom"