Wright Brothers Award Template

Started by Pingree1492, November 29, 2009, 03:11:10 AM

Pingree1492

Quote from: Spike on November 27, 2009, 04:14:51 PM
Do you perhaps have a template for the Award certificate?  On that same question, does anyone have templates for CAP Awards that are presented at the local level (appreciation etc.)??  I only ask, so I don't go inventing something everyone already has.  PLUS I already have been to the Texas wing site and none of their templates match up to the certificates for me.

Figured it was easiest to answer this in it's own thread, that way it'd be easier for others to find if needed.

I've attached the template that I use for the Wright Brothers Award Certificates.  This template is the closest I could come locally to the style and fonts that National uses for the other milestone awards.  This way, it will somewhat match the awards the cadets will (hopefully) earn later in their careers.  I should note however, that National did use slightly different fonts/styles for all 4 of the awards I have, even if they were issued only a couple of months apart.  I chose what I felt was the best of the styles that I have. 

The one consistent thing on all four was the content.  So the award number is placed just above the ribbon, the unit charter number (leave off the Region) is placed just below the ribbon.  This should be in about standard (12 pt) font.  The cadets name should be large (but not bold), and in cursive.  Then enter the date- all 4 of my awards have different date formats, so just go with what works for you :)

One note- This was obviously formatted for my printer, but this is using the latest Award Stock that National is sending out.  As the stock changes, or as different printer settings allow, you may have to adjust some of the settings to get a good look on your awards.

Hope someone finds some use for this!
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)

Spike

SarDragon

Another suggestion - when you are doing your test printing, make a bunch of photocopies of a certificate and run those through the printer first.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

arajca

Instead of making a bunch of copies, have one original certificate and print on blank paper. Line the paper up with the certificate to see how well the print lines up. If you need to make adjustments, flip the paper over. Repeat until you're happy with the result, then use a copy of the certificate to verify and last, sacrifice one certificate for the final test.

NC Hokie

Thanks for the template...I'll be using it this week.

On a related note, is there a standard citation that should be read when presenting the award?  I know that there is one for the other milestone awards and would like to have one available when the current batch of awards is presented.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Pingree1492

Quote from: NC Hokie on December 01, 2009, 12:41:06 AM
On a related note, is there a standard citation that should be read when presenting the award?  I know that there is one for the other milestone awards and would like to have one available when the current batch of awards is presented.

Hmmm... hadn't thought of that before, but it's a really good idea to have one available for the cadet to take home with the award.

Here's something I made tonight, based off the format and information for the Mitchell Award Fact Sheet, and the promotion scripts that are available online.  I've proof-read myself a couple of times, but there is probably at least one error in there I haven't caught, as I'm still doing this 'hot'.  Please let me know if you find something I need to correct!
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)

SarDragon

Gets a pass from the Grammar Cop.

Good show.  8)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NC Hokie

Quote from: SarDragon on December 01, 2009, 04:01:35 AM
Gets a pass from the Grammar Cop.

Good show.  8)

+1

The only change I'd make it to eliminate the "30-question" bit about the comprehensive exam; don't want the troops to think it's TOO easy!
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

Airrace

TankerT

Just an FYI to all... there are two different print runs of the Wright Brothers Award certificates.  You can't really tell the difference unless you have them right next to each other.  And, even then, the differences are slight.  But, it will throw off your printing if you're using a template that is fitted to the other certificate.

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

Spike

Lord of the North

I found this page when searching for something else.  I thought that the people reading this thread might find it useful.

http://www.texascadet.org/resources/miscresources/certificates/index.html

Certificates created by 1st Lt Chuck Corway, TX-390.  If you have any questions please click on his name and email him any questions you have about the certificates