Write Brothers vs Mitchell Test

Started by C/2d Lt, August 04, 2012, 03:41:07 PM

C/2d Lt

I know that more cadets reach their Write Brothers than the Mitchell. However which test is known to be harder? People say the Write Brothers is really hard however this is before they have taken the Mitchell. From your personal experience which one is more difficult?
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

EMT-83

Critical AOA

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Garibaldi

Quote from: Cadet on August 04, 2012, 03:41:07 PM
I know that more cadets reach their Write Brothers than the Mitchell. However which test is known to be harder? People say the Write Brothers is really hard however this is before they have taken the Mitchell. From your personal experience which one is more difficult?

The WRIGHT Brothers test is hard, as far as your first"milestone" goes, as opposed to the REAL milestones of Mitchell, Earhart, and Spaatz. It's all a matter of degrees. All 4 test you on things you never knew before joining CAP. The Spaatz is the hardest because it tests you on everything you learned in the cadet program. The WRIGHT Brothers exam prepares you for your upcoming leadership role as a cadet NCO, so it's harder than the Curry, Arnold, or Feik tests.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

C/2d Lt

As for the achievement goes though which would you say is harder Sgt or Lt.
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

Garibaldi

Quote from: Cadet on August 04, 2012, 04:45:48 PM
As for the achievement goes though which would you say is harder Sgt or Lt.

Having never been a cadet officer I would say that as far as actual leadership and administration goes it would have to be officer. The cadet program was originally set up to be an Army recruiting school, and some of the things were held over. Cadet officers focus more on administration than actual leadership, which is a little harder, which prepares them for a life after high school and CAP. If you choose to go Senior, a lot of the things cadet officers do transfers over as far as skills are concerned. Some would argue that NCOs have it harder and some would argue that officers have it harder. It's a matter of degrees, like I said. Standing in formation in the hot sun at encampment, watching cadet officers go inside the air conditioned buildings while we marched endlessly made me think NCOs had it harder, drilling us endlessly and making sure we had our barracks straight. I didn't see the other side where the officers stayed up all night in staff meetings, missed meals, caught up on paperwork and got their tails chewed off when their flight/squadron didn't perform well during inspection, and eating last at meals when they had a chance to actually eat. Papers to write, reports to be made, making sure all the i's are crossed and all the t's are dotted.

It's the same in life. Workers and managers. Managers are the officers, workers are the NCOs and enlisted. Sure, the managers don't perform actual labor, but they are responsible for ten to fifteen people who do. Sometimes they have to do the labor plus all their work. Same with officers. If they are out there drilling the flight, they are taking time away from all their other work. One of my former co-workers told me once to ask the boss, whenever he came to our construction site and started "helping", "Hey, if you're doing OUR job, who's doing YOURS?" He meant is as a joke but I saw the relevance right away.

Really, it's more of a matter of physical versus mental labor. And having the proper perspective.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things