Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Holding Pattern

Due to recent events, the data involved there is no longer viable.

Holding Pattern

That said, my understanding is that his new squadron broke several recruitment records recently with his as one of the spokes of the plan.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

THRAWN

AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

OldGuy

Quote from: Eclipse on November 07, 2019, 06:41:31 PM
So no then...
Wrong. I moved from that unit and my new unit has been setting records month after month. We have, since late July, processed over 21 "applications" (leads) and are starting to see membership applications from same. A strong, focussed social media strategy that integrates into a more traditional, in person (open houses, civic clubs, etc) process pays dividends.

THRAWN

Quote from: OldGuy on November 07, 2019, 08:42:35 PM
So no then...
Wrong. I moved from that unit and my new unit has been setting records month after month. We have, since late July, processed over 21 "applications" (leads) and are starting to see membership applications from same. A strong, focussed social media strategy that integrates into a more traditional, in person (open houses, civic clubs, etc) process pays dividends.

Super. So before you left the old unit, how many of the 4 that came on that started this whole caper, were still there? How many of those 21 "leads" at the new unit have joined and completed Level 1?
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

OldGuy

Quote from: THRAWN on November 07, 2019, 08:59:08 PM
So no then...

Super. So before you left the old unit, how many of the 4 that came on that started this whole caper, were still there? How many of those 21 "leads" at the new unit have joined and completed Level 1?
My recollection is that all four are still CAP members, at least two have changed units though. The very first of the 21 leads are going through the process now, but the reality is it works.

JohhnyD

Quote from: OldGuy on November 07, 2019, 09:22:16 PM
Quote from: THRAWN on November 07, 2019, 08:59:08 PM
So no then...

My recollection is that all four are still CAP members, at least two have changed units though. The very first of the 21 leads are going through the process now, but the reality is it works.
I looked, the new unit is up 14% since the start of the FB campaign. Pretty good, no?

Eclipse

Quote from: JohhnyD on November 10, 2019, 01:19:51 AM
I looked, the new unit is up 14% since the start of the FB campaign. Pretty good, no?

It what context? Is 14% one member?  Is it 10?

And what evidence is there that the growth is attributable or different from happenstance?

"That Others May Zoom"

JohhnyD

Quote from: Eclipse on November 10, 2019, 02:09:28 AM
Quote from: JohhnyD on November 10, 2019, 01:19:51 AM

It what context? Is 14% one member?  Is it 10?

And what evidence is there that the growth is attributable or different from happenstance?
Membership was 100, now is 114. As for "evidence", you tell me - when has "happenstance" achieved a 14 member growth in one quarter in your unit? BTW, I really do not care what you do in your unit, I know what works for us and we are doing it - and winning. Capice?

Eclipse

It's "Capisce".

You can stand on a corner with a bullhorn and give away free avocados with a new membership for all anyone cares, but when you want to make an
argument that a given plan or program produces results, you need to provide more evidence then "well it seems that way".

Correlation does not imply causation.

Just about any decent air show or recruiting booth can produce those types of numbers, and I will continue to assert
that fake job ads are a deceptive practice and counterproductive.

21 Leads with maybe one conversion isn't exactly a success story.

"That Others May Zoom"

JohhnyD

Quote from: Eclipse on November 10, 2019, 02:35:51 AM
How many leads are you managing? What was your growth rate in members over the last 90 days?

JohhnyD

... and I will continue to assert that fake job ads are a deceptive practice and counterproductive.
What is "fake" about advertising a volunteer position? And in what odd world would getting the word out that we want volunteers "counter-productive"?

Eclipse

Quote from: JohhnyD on November 10, 2019, 03:02:52 AM
How many leads are you managing? What was your growth rate in members over the last 90 days?

I'm long past recruiting at the unit level, thank you, and since you seem to be missing the point, and have a bit of
a 'tude about a unit you're not even in, I think you can have this conversation with others.

"That Others May Zoom"

JohhnyD

It's "Capisce".
Nope. It is an Americanism, and both spellings are as correct as the other. In Italian it would be capisci , but who cares?

JohhnyD

Quote from: Eclipse on November 10, 2019, 03:07:23 AM
I'm long past recruiting at the unit level, thank you, ...
So you just want to play sidewalk super while others do the work. Got it. No thanks.

etodd

Why always the naysayers here? Can't some of you at least ONCE say "Good job, keep up the good work!" ... instead of jumping on a member for not having positive proof and data.  Why do YOU need their data? If its working for them ... CELEBRATE with them. Why be THAT person EVERY single time?
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

PHall

Quote from: etodd on November 10, 2019, 04:14:57 AM
Why always the naysayers here? Can't some of you at least ONCE say "Good job, keep up the good work!" ... instead of jumping on a member for not having positive proof and data.  Why do YOU need their data? If its working for them ... CELEBRATE with them. Why be THAT person EVERY single time?

We kinda like people to back up their claims, especially when they seem to be outside the normal range.

etodd

Quote from: PHall on November 10, 2019, 04:37:25 AM
Quote from: etodd on November 10, 2019, 04:14:57 AM

We kinda like people to back up their claims, especially when they seem to be outside the normal range.

If someone was trying to implement something CAP wide, sure. But when someone is just excited over what happened in their little corner of the world, then no. It's just the usual naysayers who for whatever reason, enjoy chopping happy people down. It's sad, just sad. Pathetic even. Not the kind of people to invite to a party.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."