NHQ contact for PTB Initiation?

Started by Holding Pattern, May 02, 2019, 07:05:07 PM

Holding Pattern

My wing is nordo as usual, so I figured I would ask here:

For PTBs other than COML, who is the initiator of the book for CAP as an AHJ?

THRAWN

Nothing like plain language from the communicators....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Spam

Yeah, that was awesome. Pattern, you get extra points for that one!

One of our early AM flight brief jokes at Pax River was that when we lost comms, the aircraft went NORDO, but we were "NERDO" at all other times (due to all the engineering staff).

Cheers,
Spam

jhighman

Pardon me, sir, but if the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep his PC on the QT, otherwise it might leak to the VC and he could end up MIA then we'd all be put on KP.

NIN

Quote from: jhighman on May 02, 2019, 07:54:55 PM
Pardon me, sir, but if the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep his PC on the QT, otherwise it might leak to the VC and we will all be put on KP.

You're not the hero we want, sir, but you're the hero we need.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

OldGuy

Quote from: Holding Pattern on May 02, 2019, 07:05:07 PM
My wing is nordo as usual, so I figured I would ask here:

For PTBs other than COML, who is the initiator of the book for CAP as an AHJ?
For Potomac Bancshares Inc other than Census of Marine Life, who is the initiator of the book for College of American Pathologists as an authority having jurisdiction? Very odd, very, very odd.

Jester

Quote from: THRAWN on May 02, 2019, 07:27:52 PM
Nothing like plain language from the communicators....

"We got a new SOP on DOAs from the FAA."
- John McClane, 1990

Disenchanted

"For the Position Task Book (PTB) other than Communications Unit Leader (COML) who is the initiator of the book for Civil Air Patrol (CAP) as an Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)."

Clear as an can be.  I was wondering how the PTB was going to work for CAP members in each wing too.

Fester

Quote from: Disenchanted on May 04, 2019, 03:20:44 PM
"For the Position Task Book (PTB) other than Communications Unit Leader (COML) who is the initiator of the book for Civil Air Patrol (CAP) as an Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)."

Clear as an can be.  I was wondering how the PTB was going to work for CAP members in each wing too.

In the 27 years since I joined in 1992, within the 4 Wings I've been a member of, I have never seen anything referred to as a "Position Task Book" and have never heard of an "Authority Having Jurisdiction."  I have, however, seen SQTR's and OPR's.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

SarDragon

These are apparently terms used in the ICS system, which have some correlation to SQTRs and OPRs.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on May 05, 2019, 08:05:47 AM
These are apparently terms used in the ICS system, which have some correlation to SQTRs and OPRs.

And aren't used in CAP, and shouldn't be forced into the lexicon.

"That Others May Zoom"

OldGuy

Quote from: SarDragon on May 05, 2019, 08:05:47 AM
Since my return to CAP the ICS system has been clearly a major part of my ES training. That said, the acronyms were almost all new to me as well.

Ed Bos

What do you want to initiate? Is this a specific project you're talking about, or more of an academic exercise?

The information is posted in the back of the task guides:

Quote from: Task Guide, Back Cover
COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS
Task based training will be new to personnel at all levels. If you have any questions in reference to this task guide please forward them to:

HQ CAP/DOS
105 South Hansell Street, Bldg 714
Maxwell AFB, AL 36112-6332
Fax: (800) 555-7902
E-mail: dos@cap.gov

Operations are continually changing which requires changes to CAP training materials. In accordance with CAPR 60-3, recommended changes to task guides for all specialties will be submitted through the chain of command to the Region Commander. If the Region Commander concurs with the proposed change, he/she will forward the recommendation to NHQ CAP/DO. NHQ will forward the recommendation to all Region Commanders for their consideration. Proposals that are approved by a majority of the Region Commanders will be incorporated into the standardized National task guides.

I'm sure that proposals for new training materials (new task guides or PTBs) can be submitted the same way.
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001