CAP's Command Affiliation

Started by Guardrail, January 20, 2007, 12:11:24 AM

Which organization do you feel is best-suited to be CAP's Command Affiliate?

Air University
0 (0%)
Air National Guard
16 (61.5%)
HQ/USAF
4 (15.4%)
1st AF
6 (23.1%)
AETC
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Guardrail

Currently, CAP's Command Affiliation is with Air University.  Do you feel it's time for a change, or if Air University is best-suited as CAP's Command Affiliate?

lordmonar

I feel that if we are going to try to play with the big boys on an operational level we should be a MAJCOM.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

MIKE

I think we should be on par with the Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard as the Air Force Auxiliary.
Mike Johnston

lordmonar

Quote from: MIKE on January 20, 2007, 12:55:05 AM
I think we should be on par with the Air Force Reserve and Air National Guard as the Air Force Auxiliary.

Mike...they are MAJCOMS.

If we afilliate with the ANG...we would be below them.

DNall

That's an interesting idea - CAP as a MAJCOM. It seems too far out of the box, at least for now, but it's some kind of goal. I mean if you're seeking a degree of parity in the total-force concept... it makes sense, I just don't know if it's realistic.

To be clear... CAP is under the ADCON of BOG for 80% of those factors, 20% AU on factors the AF has control over, and OPCON 95% w/ 1AF under three seperate agreements, remainder being what we do for state/local (all percentages reflect educated wild guesses). HOWEVER, CAP is in fact under command of HQ/AF, specifically A3/SHA. They are the ones that do the strategic thinking & decide what AF thinks about or wants to do (or not do) w/ CAP. AU/AETC just administer the execution of those orders (oversight, contracts, etc). It would be nice to clear up that picture though huh?

MIKE

Quote from: lordmonar on January 20, 2007, 04:25:38 AM
Quote from: MIKE on January 20, 2007, 12:55:05 AM

Mike...they are MAJCOMS.

I wasn't sure they were, and I wanted to express it in a way that put CAP at the same level and not be subordinate to one or the the other.... So, I'm basically agreeing with you.
Mike Johnston

lordmonar

Quote from: DNall on January 20, 2007, 07:43:17 AM
HOWEVER, CAP is in fact under command of HQ/AF, specifically A3/SHA. They are the ones that do the strategic thinking & decide what AF thinks about or wants to do (or not do) w/ CAP. AU/AETC just administer the execution of those orders (oversight, contracts, etc). It would be nice to clear up that picture though huh?

Well not technically....Air Staff does not command anyone.  They help make policy and plans for the SECAF and CSAF...but they are not in the chain of command.

Air Staff is off to the side like the Command Chiefs and First Sergeants.

The wield a lot of power but not directly.