Main Menu

Bad News for CAPTalk

Started by JeffDG, January 24, 2016, 10:07:17 PM

JeffDG

http://auxnewsnow.com/2016/01/disgraced-former-national-commander-stages-coup-declares-self-commandante-for-life/
QuoteThe ringleaders of the den of counterrevolutionaries known as 'CAPTalk' are to be rounded up for trial.

Lord of the North

Pace

I have both of his challenge coins. It serves as a get out of jail free card for life. I'm good. Sucks to be the other guys...
Lt Col, CAP

Garibaldi

Welp, Eclipse was able to run when he could. Perhaps he sniffed the air and smelled trouble a'brewin'.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

THRAWN

I do so hope that I'm included in that leader list. I have some new toys I'm looking forward to playing with.

I get the idea of a satire site, but this is just cr@p...they're trying way too hard to be funny. Just let it happen.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

ALORD

Quote from: THRAWN on January 25, 2016, 02:36:57 PM
I do so hope that I'm included in that leader list. I have some new toys I'm looking forward to playing with.

I get the idea of a satire site, but this is just cr@p...they're trying way too hard to be funny. Just let it happen.

Well, Univision, the Communist-backed television network bought "The Onion" So maybe they bought "Aux News Now" and we only THINK it's supposed to be a parody? Look for the CAP-Al Jazeera website coming soon!

NIN

Meh.  Satire I get.

This? Not so much:

Shooter Recruiter

Of course, if the USAF is going to resume using CAP as a proving ground for future Air Warriors, it needs some chaff to separate the wheat from. The National Recruiting Director spent his time talking about 'One-Meter Recruiting', that being the effective range of something or other. Considering the average Senior Member, one meter is about as close as you can get without bouncing off or being pulled into orbit. Of course all recruiting is local when you can't escape the gravitational pull! How about a plan for recruiting more hot Seniors?

So much for being serious in Orlando.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Ned

We used to have a plan for recruiting hot seniors.

Seriously.

Isn't that how you were recruited? >:D

JeffDG

NIN

I don't know about you guys, but I crack up every time I see that picture of all those recruiter ribbons...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Garibaldi

Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Pace on January 24, 2016, 11:37:51 PM
I have both of his challenge coins. It serves as a get out of jail free card for life. I'm good. Sucks to be the other guys...

Does it count if I have the front facing prototype and the die for it?

Pace

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on January 27, 2016, 04:46:39 PM

Probably. How did you happen upon that anyway?
Lt Col, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Pace on January 27, 2016, 05:01:04 PM

EBay a couple years ago. It was posted on a CAP FB page, and I was the lucky winner of the bidding war.

$45.55 for the coin and $26.55 for the die.

AirAux

Priceless...  Wait, What???

Pace

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on January 27, 2016, 07:00:42 PM

EBay a couple years ago. It was posted on a CAP FB page, and I was the lucky winner of the bidding war.

Pretty cool. You could flood the market with El Commandante coins.  >:D
Lt Col, CAP

THRAWN

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on January 27, 2016, 07:00:42 PM

Say what you will about "the man", this is pretty cool. One of a kind bit of CAP history. Don't let the historians get near it.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Майор Хаткевич

Heh. I planned on maybe running a small batch of coins, say 50, and the back would just say "do as I say, not as I do".

Pace

The back should read, "The owner of this coin is entitled to wear the SMoV for any of the following actions: directing traffic, stubbing a toe, entertaining 'he who shall not be named', etc."
Lt Col, CAP