Main Menu

ADDY in another wing?

Started by Holding Pattern, October 17, 2018, 06:41:47 PM

Holding Pattern

I've been trying to volunteer to help my wing out. It seems my wing has all the help it needs. Since I'd still like to progress in my abilities/ratings and help where I can, is there a reason I couldn't volunteer my services at the wing level in a neighboring wing?

Eclipse

Quote from: Holding Pattern on October 17, 2018, 06:41:47 PM
I've been trying to volunteer to help my wing out. It seems my wing has all the help it needs. Since I'd still like to progress in my abilities/ratings and help where I can, is there a reason I couldn't volunteer my services at the wing level in a neighboring wing?

None at all, other then the concurrence of your Wing CC.

Happens all the time, some Wing CCs are less excited about it then others.

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Quote from: Eclipse on October 17, 2018, 06:55:48 PM
Quote from: Holding Pattern on October 17, 2018, 06:41:47 PM

None at all, other then the concurrence of your Wing CC.

Happens all the time, some Wing CCs are less excited about it then others.
Unless, of course, when the out-of-wing staffer IS the wing CC.  >:D

blombardo

I have personal experience between NER and GLR on a squadron level - - you can work between squadrons if everyone agrees -- you can do joint activities, joint recruitment... you simply need the chains of command on both sides to see the benefit in your efforts.  Though I've also seen local squadrons refuse to work together -- it all comes down to personal relationships and how people perceive your intentions.

I see no reason that this would differ between group wing or region; I've seen people taking staff positions in encampments across state lines and we all know that people float around during conferences to do speeches and stuff...

If your desire to help is expressed in a way that others can appreciate and you're not 'messing in someone elses sandbox' - you should be able to achieve your goals...

That said -- if you arent careful you could be seen as an usurper and your efforts will backfire and people will not be happy with you due to their newly formed opinions based on your efforts.

Goodluck.
Sr Member Brian Lombardo, CAP
Squadron123, IT, PAO, Logistics
PA Group 6, Assistant IT
Facebook Page-squadron123g6
Facebook Group -squadron123g6
Twitter /squadron123g6