New Cadet Recruiting Video

Started by Eclipse, September 08, 2009, 05:49:30 PM

Eclipse

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/cadet_programs/library/cadet_great_start/index.cfm

I tried really hard to find something to nit-pick on and didn't find anything.
Nice job, we need more of this type of work across the board.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

Nice.  Personally, I'm tired of photo slideshows on youtube.  Real video would make more of an impact. 

Spike

I think I recognized Pylon, three of my Cadets and myself.  How weird....... :clap:

Chief2009

Quote from: RiverAux on September 08, 2009, 09:17:25 PM
Nice.  Personally, I'm tired of photo slideshows on youtube.  Real video would make more of an impact.

Careful, someone might say, "Okay, you've just volunteered to replace it"

DN
"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" — Unknown
Dan Nelson, 1st Lt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Illinois Valley Composite Squadron GLR-IL-284

Airrace

Pylon

Quote from: Spike on September 08, 2009, 10:47:02 PM
I think I recognized Pylon, three of my Cadets and myself.  How weird....... :clap:

Wow, I made a cameo in another NHQ video.   8)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MIKE

That'll teach you to wear a turtleneck in a zoom bag.  >:D
Mike Johnston

Pylon

Quote from: MIKE on September 09, 2009, 02:38:46 AM
That'll teach you to wear a turtleneck in a zoom bag.  >:D

It was winter and we were flying over Canada!    >:( ;D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Pylon on September 09, 2009, 02:35:30 AM

That's because it's a cadet recruiting video... >:D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

RiverAux

Quote from: Chief2009 on September 08, 2009, 11:59:37 PM
Quote from: RiverAux on September 08, 2009, 09:17:25 PM

Careful, someone might say, "Okay, you've just volunteered to replace it"

DN
I do need to move into video.  Don't think the quality of what my cell phone camera can take would be up to snuff though....

JC004

Quote from: Pylon on September 09, 2009, 02:35:30 AM

me too! now if only we'd set up a YouTube non-profit channel and get the CAP username.  Why are we soooooo far behind organizations of our size in interweb tube things?!

Eeyore

^ Because the average age of our membership is old. I've been trying to bring our squadron up to snuff in the technology department, we are now on Facebook, Twitter, have a website and have squadron email addresses. I announced this last week to the senior members and the response were a bunch of blank stares, I'm pretty sure they thought I was speaking another language.

Eclipse

Quote from: edmo1 on September 09, 2009, 04:02:04 PM
^ Because the average age of our membership is old. I've been trying to bring our squadron up to snuff in the technology department, we are now on Facebook, Twitter, have a website and have squadron email addresses. I announced this last week to the senior members and the response were a bunch of blank stares, I'm pretty sure they thought I was speaking another language.

Cite statistics, please, and preferably active members only. (Our love for keeping empty shirts on the books into their graves as full members might skew the stats, but does not necessarily reflect the age demo of active members).

The blank stares you saw may not be because they don't know what these services are, but because they don't have an interest in using them for CAP (or otherwise). 

It might also interest you to know that Twitter is actually the "old dude's place" with 60+ percent of membership in the 25-65 category and 40 percent age 35-49.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eeyore

No, I cannot provide statistics, nor am I going to search for them, it was simply an observation. Not that I have a problem with the age of our membership, we do many things very well, general membership embracing the internet is not one of them (present company excluded).

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Eclipse on September 09, 2009, 04:10:45 PM
Cite statistics, please, and preferably active members only.

Last I saw, the average age of CAP members was nearing the 60 mark...

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

JC004

The people in CHARGE are old.  I ran the statistics on PAWG a while ago.  They weren't pretty.  It would appear that the Wing's strategy is to replace wing staff as they die.  I have not ran a statistical analysis of NHQ, but the other organizations who get it aren't exactly run by teenagers.  We can't even get a style guide and a uniform marketing campaign, which are not exactly new concepts.

Bluelakes 13

HOLY COW BATMAN!

A bunch of my photos made it on there!  Woohoo!

flyguy06

Nice video. I would like to find something taylored toward inner city kids. I am going to start recruiting in the schools in my community, Dont know if this video would really cathc their ey. I know they wouldnt care for the music. I would just like to find something to strike their interest. Thanks

C/MSgt Lunsford

My C/Col (David Hill) and Squadron was in there. At 3:02. That is when he got his Spaatz at the Capital Building and President Obama came in. He is to the right of President Obama and has the Red Advisory Counsel thing (sorry I forgot what it is called) ;) 

Wright Brothers #13915

exFlight Officer

This is a great video! One of my cadets got 2 seconds of fame.