UOD for fleet week?

Started by BTCS1*, May 19, 2009, 02:48:34 AM

USADOD

Yes, During a weapon demonstration cadets usually are allowed to hold and take pictures with weapons. I think it is ok for cadets to participate in marksmanship activities and weapon demonstration but it is in no way a element of the cadet program and its core mission, activities of this nature should remain internal and not be broadcast to the general public. No chill pill required, I just wanted to mention that point of interest,and believe it or not I live in the urban community of Detroit where youth and parents misinterpret the cadet program as a Combat readiness and Discipline program everyday.

But most of all, and to remain on topic....enjoy the tour; sounds really really cool ;)
Jorvon Brison, SFO, CAP
DCC, Detroit 100th "Red Tails" Composite Squadron
Wright Award  #3495
Mitchell Award #54039
Earhart Award #13385

BTCS1*

Thanks! I love going to fleet week! And it will be my first time in uniform, should be a great day. Expecting a little playful competition from the Navy pilots, us being the only USAF organization there(that I know of). Sure to be some run ins with JROTC, maybe some sea cadets(grrr) LOL ;-P
C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

SJFedor

Quote from: BTCS1* on May 20, 2009, 04:26:10 AM
Thanks! I love going to fleet week! And it will be my first time in uniform, should be a great day. Expecting a little playful competition from the Navy pilots, us being the only USAF organization there(that I know of). Sure to be some run ins with JROTC, maybe some sea cadets(grrr) LOL ;-P

Naval aviators probably won't even really care that much. And you and your fellow cadets should be professional enough to not have any "run in's" with anyone. Might be a different organization, but it's the same team.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

BTCS1*

oh... you thought... by run in I meant seeing and running into, under no conditions would any cadets I am with confront anyone. That would present the totally wrong image, I would submit my own 2b if I allowed mysef to do that :P

SJFedor

Quote from: BTCS1* on May 20, 2009, 05:09:28 AM
oh... you thought... by run in I meant seeing and running into, under no conditions would any cadets I am with confront anyone. That would present the totally wrong image, I would submit my own 2b if I allowed mysef to do that :P

Haha. I was a former cadet, and I know back when i was 14 I couldn't wait to stick it to those sea cadets and young marines.

Just keepin you honest  >:D

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

BTCS1*

you got me! Now when you see in the news that a group of sea cadets 'slipped' off the USS Iwo Jima, it was an accident and I had nothing to do with it! ;-P *I stand back while the CG lifts some annoyed, wet sea cadets from the hudson*

USADOD

Quote from: BTCS1* on May 20, 2009, 05:26:58 AM
you got me! Now when you see in the news that a group of sea cadets 'slipped' off the USS Iwo Jima, it was an accident and I had nothing to do with it! ;-P *I stand back while the CG lifts some annoyed, wet sea cadets from the hudson*

Lol when I was a Army JROTC Colonel, I felt the same way about CAP and other branched JROTC units.
Jorvon Brison, SFO, CAP
DCC, Detroit 100th "Red Tails" Composite Squadron
Wright Award  #3495
Mitchell Award #54039
Earhart Award #13385

jimmydeanno

It sounds like you guys are in for
quite a treat.  I wish I could go with you.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Gunner C

Quote from: jimmydeanno on May 20, 2009, 11:02:25 AM
It sounds like you guys are in for
quite a treat.  I wish I could go with you.
Yep!  Sounds like great fun!  Let us know how it went - post some pictures.

BTCS1*

another question, should i also salute warant officer in addition to commisioned officers? I know that there will be a few on the flight deck.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

BrandonKea

Quote from: SJFedor on May 20, 2009, 05:20:02 AM

Haha. I was a former cadet, and I know back when i was 14 I couldn't wait to stick it to those sea cadets and young marines.

We had an encampment where we were billeted across post from Sea Cadets and Young Marines. We happened to share laundry facilities with them, and one evening a Sea Cadet was doing laundry under the watchful eye of the Young Marine in charge of the laundry room. The Sea Cadet pulled a key out of his washer that he had left in his pocket. The YM saw that, and went off the deep end, I thought I was gonna cry, lol. That kid got his ass chewed for a good 5 minutes about this key. Meanwhile, all us CAP Cadets just finished our laundry and got the heck out of there.

Fun times, lol
Brandon Kea, Capt, CAP

BTCS1*

Quote from: BrandonKea on May 22, 2009, 01:41:22 AM
Quote from: SJFedor on May 20, 2009, 05:20:02 AM

We had an encampment where we were billeted across post from Sea Cadets and Young Marines. We happened to share laundry facilities with them, and one evening a Sea Cadet was doing laundry under the watchful eye of the Young Marine in charge of the laundry room. The Sea Cadet pulled a key out of his washer that he had left in his pocket. The YM saw that, and went off the deep end, I thought I was gonna cry, lol. That kid got his ass chewed for a good 5 minutes about this key. Meanwhile, all us CAP Cadets just finished our laundry and got the heck out of there.

Fun times, lol
Thats great!  :P And thanks for the info bout saluting WOs, il make sure i let the other cadets know

Gunner C

Warrant officers are officers. Chief warrant officers have been commissioned in all services since the 1980s.  You salute all officers. 

BTCS1*

Hey guys, Fleet Week went great! And best of all, our uniforms are still clean! ;) Here are some pics: 

If you guys wanna see more pics from it, let me know and ill post more

http://picasaweb.google.com/missioncontroler/FleetWeek?authkey=Gv1sRgCLaFh-u-75zZkwE&feat=directlink