cap binder

Started by Hoorah, November 25, 2008, 09:01:47 PM

Hoorah

where to buy  a cap binder? ???

ThorntonOL

Since your new to the program, I won't ask which binder.
Try Vanguard or Hock Shop.
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

MIKE

You don't need to buy it.  One will get mailed to you as a new member.
Mike Johnston

Hoorah

sqaudron lost my binder

Duke Dillio

Hoorah

Eclipse

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on November 25, 2008, 09:09:21 PM
squadron lost my binder

Then they should replace it, that was intended for you and was paid for partially by your dues.
You certainly should not have to spend money on a replacement - that's going to be over $30.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pylon

The new member binders get mailed directly to your home address.  How could the squadron lose it? 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: Pylon on November 25, 2008, 09:44:06 PM
The new member binders get mailed directly to your home address.  How could the squadron lose it? 

Wow, good point that blew right past me...

"That Others May Zoom"

Timbo

Quote from: Pylon on November 25, 2008, 09:44:06 PM

Just like many Squadrons used to have the Free Cadet Uniforms shipped to the Commanders house, while the New Cadet got crap uniforms issued to him from supply.  Can the new member packet be routed in a similar manner?

Pylon

Not that I'm aware of, no.  The FCU is different, because under both the old paper system and the new online system, the person inputting the data can specify a shipping address.  I can have FCUs shipped to the squadron or commanders house (or anywhere, really).

But the cadet binder is automatic.  It goes to whatever address is on the membership form.

addo1

Quote from: Pylon on November 26, 2008, 08:51:19 PM
Not that I'm aware of, no.  The FCU is different, because under both the old paper system and the new online system, the person inputting the data can specify a shipping address.  I can have FCUs shipped to the squadron or commanders house (or anywhere, really).

But the cadet binder is automatic.  It goes to whatever address is on the membership form.

Exactly. So, what this cadet was probably trying to say was that he left his binder at his squadron and it got lost.. eh?
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

Pylon

Quote from: addo1 on November 26, 2008, 10:16:36 PM
Exactly. So, what this cadet was probably trying to say was that he left his binder at his squadron and it got lost.. eh?

So then the squadron didn't lose it.

addo1

Quote from: Pylon on November 26, 2008, 10:19:17 PM
Quote from: addo1 on November 26, 2008, 10:16:36 PM

So then the squadron didn't lose it.

Most likely...  ;)
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

Hoorah

Well i got booted from cap for 1 month and i am now back in it which was over 6 months ago i was in it and now they can't find it ?

Eclipse

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on November 27, 2008, 04:34:05 AM
Well i got booted from cap for 1 month and i am now back in it which was over 6 months ago i was in it and now they can't find it ?

Heh - the plot thickens....

"That Others May Zoom"

arajca

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on November 27, 2008, 04:34:05 AM
A question...Did your squadron take the binder from you or did you just leave it there? If the former, the squadron has an obligation to replace it and the materials that were inside, otherwise it's your responsibility.

As has been pointed out earlier, you can get the binder itself from Vanguard, but the materials (AE and LL books, cd, etc) may not be included and you may have to obtain them separately.

LtCol057

OK, let me get this straight.  You were booted out for a month.  By that, I assume you mean you were suspended for some reason.  Were you suspended or terminated?  There's a big difference there. 

Secondly, you say you've been back for 6 months, and you just realize that you don't have your binder? What have you been using to study?  Sounds to me like you're not very responsible with the items you're entrusted with.  I would have a very hard time entrusting you with any squadron property at this point.

My cadets are required to bring their books to all meetings unless we tell them otherwise.  You never know when the schedule might have to change for whatever reason, and a different topic is taught.

Any items left at the building after a meeting, are confiscated and placed in my office or the deputy commanders office.  In order to get them back, the cadet has to report to me, and explain why they left the items.  Then they MIGHT get the duty that day of emptying all the trash cans, or something like that.  It's not much, but has to be done everytime we have a meeting.

DC

Quote from: LtCol057 on November 27, 2008, 03:49:37 PM

Secondly, you say you've been back for 6 months, and you just realize that you don't have your binder? What have you been using to study? 
Based on a statement the cadet made in another thread, that they were a C/AB, I would say they haven't been studying...

The entire new cadet packet, including binder and books is available from Vanguard for $44.00 here.

JayT

So at least seven months as a C/AB?!?!?!?!
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Pylon

Guys, I think we can lay off Cadet Williams a little bit.  The point has been made.