Chairman JCS in Chain of Command

Started by flyguy06, August 26, 2008, 01:59:49 AM

DC

Maybe some people just slip it in as a name to know, just like I have seen some units require their cadets to learn the CMSAF...

lordmonar

Quote from: flyguy06 on August 26, 2008, 07:13:09 PM
WOW. ok, lets start again. I was talking about the Chain of Command that many cadets have to learn. The correct way goes like this:

Commander in Chief
Sec of Def
Sec of AF
AF Chief of Staff
Commander AETC
Commander Air University
CAP national Commander
CAP Region Commander
CAP Wing Commander

Ok, what my post was about is that I see some people when teaching the Cahin of Command want to put the Chairman JCS in it and my point is he isnt in the COC. The Chairman JCS is not a Commander. He is the senior military advisor to the Sec of Def and the President.

I wasnt talking agbout Air Force vs CAP chain of command. I was just saying I have noticed a lot of units teach the COC with the Chairman in it and that is incorrect.

I think we understand....because your chain of command is wrong.

It goes:

Nat CC
Region CC
Wing CC
Group CC
Squadron CC

CAP does not normally fall under POTUS/SECDEF/SECAF...et al.

So berating some units for teaching that the CJCS is part of the chain of command and teaching all the USAF chain is kind of the pot calling the kettle black.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

DC

Quote from: flyguy06 on August 26, 2008, 07:13:09 PM
WOW. ok, lets start again. I was talking about the Chain of Command that many cadets have to learn. The correct way goes like this:

Commander in Chief
Sec of Def
Sec of AF
AF Chief of Staff
Commander AETC
Commander Air University
CAP national Commander
CAP Region Commander
CAP Wing Commander

Ok, what my post was about is that I see some people when teaching the Cahin of Command want to put the Chairman JCS in it and my point is he isnt in the COC. The Chairman JCS is not a Commander. He is the senior military advisor to the Sec of Def and the President.

I wasnt talking agbout Air Force vs CAP chain of command. I was just saying I have noticed a lot of units teach the COC with the Chairman in it and that is incorrect.

CAP does not fall under this Chain of Command, the relationship between CAP and the Air Force is a little more complicated..

Do you not teach your cadets the Commander of CAP-USAF?

flyerthom

TC

lordmonar

Quote from: flyerthom on August 30, 2008, 06:21:06 AM
A bit more mud for the waters:

straight from HQ?   ???

That's not mud....that is 100% correct.

USAF CoC goes from the POTUS down to CAP-USAF to regional liason CCs to State Directors.
CAP's CoC from National CC to Squadron CC
And a Cadet's CoC from his squadron CC to his DCC to his cadet CC on down to the lowly cadet.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

DC

Yes, but there is no explaination as to how the three chains there relate and interact. And the USAF chain is pretty out of date.. I think the only things on there that haven't changed are CC/CAP-USAF and POTUS....

RiverAux

Seems to me that they could easily combine the cadet CoC with the regular CAP CoC.  No need to keep those separate.