Is the wright bros drill test hard?

Started by C/Awesomenesss, October 08, 2013, 03:07:22 AM

C/Awesomenesss

Is the wright bros drill test hard? Do ya'll know any thing to help my get though it?

PA Guy

It is only hard if you don't learn and study the material.

C/Awesomenesss

Quote from: PA Guy on October 08, 2013, 03:35:23 AM
It is only hard if you don't learn and study the material.

I've read and reread the chapters.

a2capt

Quote from: Awesomenesss on October 08, 2013, 03:07:22 AMIs the Wright Brothers drill test hard? Do you all know any thing to help my get though it?
Depends if you have the Wright Stuff .. or not.

Hard is relative.

It's a controlled item none the less. It's not full of any tricks. I'll let you in on that one "secret". Anything else, you'll find out the day you take it.

I would be worrying about the written portion myself. :)

But like the written portion, it's comprehensive, and based on the previous three chapters.

C/Awesomenesss

Quote from: a2capt on October 08, 2013, 03:41:27 AM
Quote from: Awesomenesss on October 08, 2013, 03:07:22 AMIs the Wright Brothers drill test hard? Do you all know any thing to help my get though it?
Depends if you have the Wright Stuff .. or not.

Hard is relative.

It's a controlled item none the less. It's not full of any tricks. I'll let you in on that one "secret". Anything else, you'll find out the day you take it.

I would be worrying about the written portion myself. :)

But like the written portion, it's comprehensive, and based on the previous three chapters.

Ya I already took the written test don't know if I passed but I took it.

Huey Driver

Quote from: Awesomenesss on October 08, 2013, 03:44:30 AM

As in the Wright Brothers Exam? Drill is part of the leadership exam, in which case your Testing Officer should've informed you whether you passed or not.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

C/Awesomenesss

Quote from: JerseyCadet on October 08, 2013, 03:52:27 AM

As in the Wright Brothers Exam? Drill is part of the leadership exam, in which case your Testing Officer should've informed you whether you passed or not.

Are testing officer dosen't say anything til about 3 weeks after you took the test.

a2capt

Quote from: Awesomenesss on October 08, 2013, 03:55:29 AMAre testing officer dosen't say anything til about 3 weeks after you took the test.
:o The power of three's.. sometimes it takes me three of something to get back to a cadet on a test result. But three weeks? That's unacceptable.

C/Awesomenesss

:P
Quote from: a2capt on October 08, 2013, 03:58:44 AM
Quote from: Awesomenesss on October 08, 2013, 03:55:29 AMAre testing officer dosen't say anything til about 3 weeks after you took the test.
:o The power of three's.. sometimes it takes me three of something to get back to a cadet on a test result. But three weeks? That's unacceptable.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

MSG Mac

The required Drill moves are not secret and are in the Cadet Drill Pamphlet that you received with your cadet package. If you don't have it, download from the Cadet Programs website.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

a2capt

No, the drill moves themselves are not secret. But since the test sheet itself is not published anywhere except  with the controlled items that came from NHQ, the exact moves, the order of them, and anything nearly specific is controlled.

MSG Mac

But the Drill Test book is available on line and there is a paragraph in the introduction which says

" There is no need for this test to be secured. because these are performance tests and the subject matter is known to the cadets, there is essentially no advantage to cadets who happen to see the test booklet in advance"

Add to that it is available to download from the site without a password or login.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

jeders

Quote from: a2capt on October 08, 2013, 06:36:31 AM
No, the drill moves themselves are not secret. But since the test sheet itself is not published anywhere except  with the controlled items that came from NHQ, the exact moves, the order of them, and anything nearly specific is controlled.

It's published online and not a controlled item.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Майор Хаткевич

The drill tests published include achievement tests. The WBA drill test is only found attached to the leadership test sent from nhq.

jeders

Quote from: usafaux2004 on October 08, 2013, 01:39:39 PM
The drill tests published include achievement tests. The WBA drill test is only found attached to the leadership test sent from nhq.

I apologize, you're right. That said, if you can do the first three drill tests, you can do the Wright Bros. Drill Test.

Quote from: Awesomenesss on October 08, 2013, 03:55:29 AM
Quote from: JerseyCadet on October 08, 2013, 03:52:27 AM

Are testing officer dosen't say anything til about 3 weeks after you took the test.

This is ridiculous, as it is unnecessarily delaying you completing the test.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Майор Хаткевич

Or retest in case of a failure. If I can manage to grade an Earhart (or two) and two WBA in a night, so can anyone else.

Eclipse

I don't know?  Are they?

"That Others May Zoom"

C/Awesomenesss

^Haha. Sorry I meant my not are. :P

Eclipse

How about...

"Our Testing Officer doesn't say anything until about 3 weeks after we take the test."
(Which is still a clunky sentence.)

You should get the results immediately.

"That Others May Zoom"

C/Awesomenesss

^I know right. They want us to promote but they dont tell us that if we passed so we can promote.

How can I get to the drill PDF or textbook?

abdsp51

The drill portion of the Wright Bros exam is part of the exam and is not part of the drill test manual that is availible.

C/Awesomenesss

OK

davedove

Quote from: Eclipse on October 08, 2013, 02:45:41 PM

How about...

"Our Testing Officer doesn't say anything until about 3 weeks after we take the test."
(Which is still a clunky sentence.)

You should get the results immediately.

Even if circumstances keep them from grading the test immediately (it does happen sometimes), then certainly by the next meeting.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Awesomenesss on October 08, 2013, 02:50:48 PM
^I know right. They want us to promote but they dont tell us that if we passed so we can promote.

How can I get to the drill PDF or textbook?

Make sure you know the first three tests fully:
http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/CAPT_782_Drill_Test_FINAL_0D0A619D59581.pdf

Might need to get off the DS and onto a computer to open it.

Critical AOA

Quote from: Awesomenesss on October 08, 2013, 03:07:22 AM
Is the wright bros drill test hard? Do ya'll know any thing to help my get though it?

The first thing you need to know is that you capitalize the first letter of a person's name as in Wright.  This is especially important as they were actually awesome.
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw