Cadet Uniform Program

Started by Sgt.Pain, February 09, 2011, 06:51:22 PM

Sgt.Pain

I am the new Great Start Sergeant in our squadron and I was reading the Cadet Great Start Pamphlet (CAP Pamphlet 52-9). In this pamphlet it talks about the Cadet Uniform Program of which I have never heard of. Supposedly all new Cadets receive a free uniform in this program. It says to go to cadets@capnhq.gov for more information but it just gives me an error message. Maybe it is something that my squadron has been using all along and I have just never heard the term. A while after I joined I received a blues uniform in the mail but im pretty sure I paid for that when I joined. Can anyone enlighten me?
C/CMSgt. Pain!

Here Ye, Hear Ye, On this great day I make a declaration! A declaration to LIVE FOREVER, or die trying.

viperred396

Quote from: Sgt.Pain on February 09, 2011, 06:51:22 PM
It says to go to cadets@capnhq.gov for more information but it just gives me an error message.

Well that right there is an email address not a web address.. and for the uniform program in eservices look for "Cadet Uniform" and you can order your first set of Blues (basic blues: Shirt, Pants, Cover, Belt Buckle and Belt"

a2capt

You paid to join, and you probably paid something to the unit for a package of stuff. Patches, etc. A lot of units get all the needed stuff ahead of time and make it available for a lump sum, so starting is easy, and at that time someone may have also put in for the free cadet uniform, and it would be mailed to you. The screen for it is on eServices, and I do believe the link goes away once it's happened.

Sgt.Pain

Quote from: viperred396 on February 09, 2011, 06:55:36 PM
Quote from: Sgt.Pain on February 09, 2011, 06:51:22 PM
It says to go to cadets@capnhq.gov for more information but it just gives me an error message.

Well that right there is an email address not a web address.. and for the uniform program in eservices look for "Cadet Uniform" and you can order your first set of Blues (basic blues: Shirt, Pants, Cover, Belt Buckle and Belt"

Ok well it says for more information to see that address. I originally thought it was an email address but the way they word it in the pamphlet it sounds like a website. I also knew that you could order the new uniform but I was just wondering if there was anything more to this "program". And are those uniforms free?
C/CMSgt. Pain!

Here Ye, Hear Ye, On this great day I make a declaration! A declaration to LIVE FOREVER, or die trying.

viperred396

Quote from: Sgt.Pain on February 09, 2011, 07:07:12 PM
I also knew that you could order the new uniform but I was just wondering if there was anything more to this "program". And are those uniforms free?

As far as I know this is all there is to the program, and yes they are free

Eclipse

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/cadet_programs/new_cadet_help/cadet_uniforms.cfm

Follow these steps to request a uniform:

Cadet joins CAP and obtains a 6-digit CAPID number.
Cadet visits E-Services at www.capnhq.gov.  (First time users will need to register.)
Cadet clicks "Cadet Uniform" in the left-hand menu at E-Services.
Cadet verifies name, address, etc., and enters uniform sizes.
Squadron Commander approves request via the "Commander's Corner" in E-Services.
Lackland AFB ships the uniform to the cadet. Expect it to arrive 2-3 weeks after NHQ sends the approval to Lackland (the status of the request will appear as "sent" on the commander's report).

"That Others May Zoom"