National Board Uniform Changes 2013

Started by Майор Хаткевич, August 16, 2013, 08:26:12 PM

Luis R. Ramos

Orange covers with ABUs? Horrible...?

I feel the same about orange vests with both BDUs and BBDUs.

Now having said that, it is a safety issue, and you are ordered to do it by an IC. If you want to participate, you follow those safety rules. So your Wing may have a supplement requiring their wear based on the state law.

Probably this will not change after ABU adoption. If your Wing wants to play, it has to follow the leader.

So even if I feel the vests look horrible with the BDUs, I have one in my 24-hour pack, and four others in the trunk of my car. In case I go as a member of a ground team that needs any.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Patterson

Quote from: C/CMSgt Collins on August 19, 2013, 02:28:06 AM
Ok so I have seen a lot of uniform statements and questions, but I have one that I believe is unique to PA Wing. We are required by state law to wear orange covers because of the common hunting in our state. Because the colors of the ABU's are not designed for a woodland environment will we be allowed to wear the ABU cover? or would we be required to keep our orange covers, which to be honest would be horrific if combined with the ABU's.

Sorry, that's not a State Law!!  It is strictly a "PAWG RANGER LAW" that has not been allowed to die by Wing Commanders who are scared of upsetting the Hawk Mountain Group!

Eclipse

Quote from: AngelWings on August 19, 2013, 02:35:56 AM
I'm making the switch to BlueDUs because I'm approaching a chance in my life to wear a different Blue uniform that goes under a tan and silver reflective striped protective outfit. I'll be in ABUs soon enough, the Air Guard isn't too far away either.

Does it matter? No, I'll enjoy watching a bunch of little kiddos (like I used to be when I joined CAP) getting the ABUs. They'll enjoy them, and hopefully CAP will let younger kids in the program (taking back earlier statements I've made before). I think they'll appreciate the CAP version of the ABUs the most. They make toddler and child sized ABUs that'd fit most young kids perfectly. I'll certainly get a good smile. Senior Members wearing the CAP ABU? Now that will be a true sight to see.

Condescend much?

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Oh, he's just doing his Cher Horowitz imitation again.  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

billford1

I've been on a GT a few times when there were at least four different uniforms. It helps to have a sense of humor when we don't look like a team. Nowadays when I call a team together I ask if they can wear the polo and the outcome is a little better.

AngelWings

Quote from: SarDragon on August 19, 2013, 02:47:53 AM
Oh, he's just doing his Cher Horowitz imitation again.  ;)
Now THAT is condescending.

Mitchell 1969

Ok so I have seen a lot of uniform statements and questions, but I have one that I believe is unique to PA Wing. We are required by state law to wear orange covers because of the common hunting in our state. Because the colors of the ABU's are not designed for a woodland environment will we be allowed to wear the ABU cover? or would we be required to keep our orange covers, which to be honest would be horrific if combined with the ABU's.

There is a state law that mandates the color of CAP uniform caps?  I am both intrigued and skeptical.  Can you cite the statute, please?

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

abdsp51

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on August 19, 2013, 03:00:48 AM

There is a state law that mandates the color of CAP uniform caps?  I am both intrigued and skeptical.  Can you cite the statute, please?

Yeah just like it's state law the CAP Ground Teams wear an orange shirt in Ca for SAR.  >:D

4fhoward

Brad

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on August 19, 2013, 03:00:48 AM

Quoteยง 2524.  Protective material required.
        (a)  General rule.--Unless further restricted by regulations
     of the commission, every person hunting for or assisting to hunt
     for deer, bear or woodchucks shall wear either a minimum of 250
     square inches of daylight fluorescent orange-colored material on
     the back and front combined or, in lieu thereof, a hat of the
     same color material. The material shall be worn so it is visible
     in a 360-degree arc. Unless otherwise specified by regulations
     of the commission, the provision of this section shall not apply
     to any season for using muzzle-loading firearms only or season
     for using bows and arrows only.

We ain't hunting, that out doesn't apply. The only other two references in PA state law to that section is about wildlife officers (Section 901) and Section 2701, which deals with hunting licenses. All of which come under Title 34, "Game". I don't think CAP is in the hunting business.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

ol'fido

I'm averaging a check back on this thread about every three pages. Now we are up to twelve. That's one short of the lucky thirteen. And still nothing important or earth shattering. See you all in around page fifteen. ;D
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

AngelWings

Quote from: ol'fido on August 19, 2013, 03:25:03 AM
I'm averaging a check back on this thread about every three pages. Now we are up to twelve. That's one short of the lucky thirteen. And still nothing important or earth shattering. See you all in around page fifteen. ;D
We've beat a dead horse to the point it became alive  >:D

Archer

Quote from: Eclipse on August 19, 2013, 02:31:48 AM
Quote from: Archer on August 19, 2013, 02:28:46 AM
What's not distinctive enough about ABU-patterned tapes that say "CIVIL AIR PATROL" in midnight-blue thread? Need to step it up a notch? Use silver-reflective thread on ABU-pattern.

That would be essentially invisible.

Darn, you're right. Still, what's wrong with the midnight-blue thread? Big Blue seems to manage AFJROTC and AFROTC doing it without the earth spinning off its axis.

Nearly Dark Side

I had never seen the statute myself. I was informed by a staff member in my squadron that it was because of the popularity of hunting in my state, I had thought that he also told me that it was required by state law, but I suppose that I could have made that part up. Funny I had just found the statute when I came back to CAPtalk and saw someone had already beat me to the punch.

LGM30GMCC

The Overseas Wing Patch was a stand-in for any wing patch. They had to pick one, that's the one they used as a place holder.

Essentially, the ABUs would be set up identically to the BDUs. Just changing the color of the tapes, and removing the US Flag.

Additionally they stated they would push to use the same tapes on both BBDUs and ABUs.

Eclipse

Quote from: Archer on August 19, 2013, 03:30:32 AM
Darn, you're right. Still, what's wrong with the midnight-blue thread? Big Blue seems to manage AFJROTC and AFROTC doing it without the earth spinning off its axis.

Different organizations, both with more direct lineage to their parent service, staffed by
military personnel, and funded by the DOD as either direct or indirect recruiting endeavors.

"That Others May Zoom"

sarmed1

I have been really enjoying this thread.....however this one has made me laugh the most.

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: ol'fido on August 19, 2013, 03:25:03 AM

Its only page 5 by my settings!  >:D

Luis R. Ramos

Great! YahoOOOOO!!!

At long last this uniform thread HAS BEEN derailed into HOW LONG it will be.  8)

Remember? All threads about other topics degenerate into messages about uniforms, except those about uniforms which degenerate into other topics. Albeit referring to a uniform thread, it is morphing into how long this thread can be "without any importance," not being "Earth shattering," and computer settings.

Bravo, bravo!  :clap:

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

a2capt