National Board Uniform Changes 2013

Started by Майор Хаткевич, August 16, 2013, 08:26:12 PM

22pilot

NO American flag? How much is National going to give each member to pay for new uniforms? NO American Flag??? Or since we're the AF Auxiliary, they can provide the uniforms. NO American flag??  Parents going to cough up $400-$600 for uniforms per cadet? NO American flag?

Eclipse

Quote from: 22pilot on August 18, 2013, 09:09:30 PM
NO American flag? How much is National going to give each member to pay for new uniforms? NO American Flag??? Or since we're the AF Auxiliary, they can provide the uniforms. NO American flag??  Parents going to cough up $400-$600 for uniforms per cadet? NO American flag?

Feel better?

Drive-bys speak more about the poster then the subject.

"That Others May Zoom"

Luis R. Ramos

Where do you get $400-$600?

I estimated about $160 at one store.

Shirt, $49 or so. Pants the same. Hat about $10. Winter coat not more than $50.

Boots about $100.

Total $260.

New name patches, CAP tapes, may add not more than $20!

I can post the link later, prices are for the RABU.

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Archer

You're at about a 10 right now, I'm gonna have to ask you take it down to at least a 6.

billford1

Quote from: Eclipse on August 18, 2013, 05:18:08 PM
Quote from: Private Investigator on August 18, 2013, 05:14:40 PM
The aviator and polo shirt wearing types are easy to appease. 

You know, you would think so, yet some of the highest-pitched whining noise comes from that crowd.
Is it confirmed no changes for SMWOG folks?

NIN

Quote from: Archer on August 18, 2013, 09:25:04 PM
You're at about a 10 right now, I'm gonna have to ask you take it down to at least a 6.

"I'm gonna have to ask you to come in on Saturday, too, mmkay? Great."

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

Quote from: billford1 on August 18, 2013, 09:26:44 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 18, 2013, 05:18:08 PM
Quote from: Private Investigator on August 18, 2013, 05:14:40 PM
The aviator and polo shirt wearing types are easy to appease. 

You know, you would think so, yet some of the highest-pitched whining noise comes from that crowd.
Is it confirmed no changes for SMWOG folks?

Nothing is confirmed.  This was a presentation regarding proposed uniform updates and changes.
It's all wet clay.

"That Others May Zoom"

capmaj

It's simple. Pick a uniform you like. Confirm that are eligible to wear it under regs.  Wear it.

SierraOneThree

USAF doesn't wear the flag on their uniforms.

Quote from: capmaj on August 18, 2013, 10:41:57 PM
It's simple. Pick a uniform you like. Confirm that are eligible to wear it under regs.  Wear it.

This, a thousand times this.

HGjunkie

Quote from: Private Investigator on August 18, 2013, 05:20:12 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 18, 2013, 05:12:14 PM
If, for arguments sake, copies of a draft of 39-1 were distributed to members for their confidential comments and input,
then perhaps we should all consider respecting that confidence and not discuss things which were not intended for public discussion?

Just sayin'

Good point. But if I was National Staff, CAP Talk would be a good place to get feedback from a variety of sources with varying degrees of background in CAP. And as we know CT is the source for all things "uniform" in CAP   ;)

Funny you should say that, because Maj Gen Carr said he checks CAPTalk every day!

(I'm not kidding either, he did say that)
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Eclipse

All the more reason to use good grammar, proper spelling, and some decorum.

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

Quote from: flyer333555 on August 18, 2013, 09:17:15 PM
Where do you get $400-$600?

I estimated about $160 at one store.

Shirt, $49 or so. Pants the same. Hat about $10. Winter coat not more than $50.

Boots about $100.

Total $260.

New name patches, CAP tapes, may add not more than $20!

I can post the link later, prices are for the RABU.

Flyer

I can get a brand-new set of ABUs, minus boots, for $30 or so, minus shipping. Accouterments for 1 set will cost about $20? So, I'm only looking at an outlay of $50 or so for my one set. Used sets, even less. It's not really that big of a deal, if you know where to look. I actually found a set of ABUs and ACUs at Goodwill, and I really regret not having the $20 to get both. Still makes me mad.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Spaceman3750

$30 jungle boots may get you through your first year, but for any member who will spend long periods in your boots (full days, weekends, week long activities) the benefit of quality footwear cannot be overstated.

I have a pair of those $200 GTX Danners (though they weren't quite that expensive at the time) and at 2 years old I am looking at having the insoles redone. I like my feet to be comfy, if they're not I get real unhappy really quickly.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on August 19, 2013, 12:19:20 AM
$30 jungle boots may get you through your first year, but for any member who will spend long periods in your boots (full days, weekends, week long activities) the benefit of quality footwear cannot be overstated.

I have a pair of those $200 GTX Danners (though they weren't quite that expensive at the time) and at 2 years old I am looking at having the insoles redone. I like my feet to be comfy, if they're not I get real unhappy really quickly.

I got those $105 bates side zippers. After wearing the same pair of surplus store used jungle boots for eight(!) Years....what a difference.

Garibaldi

Hang on a minute...did I miss something, or has no one out there said:

HEY! WE GETS TEH DIGITALS!!1!!!!!!!111!!!!
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

SierraOneThree

I'll be ecstatic as soon as it stops looks like a clown's work suit.

Was there anything in the briefing about boonies with BDUs or ABUs? The other thread was talking about it, and I'm wondering if we'll get those this time around.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: DeSoto on August 19, 2013, 12:54:43 AM

Was there anything in the briefing about boonies with BDUs or ABUs? The other thread was talking about it, and I'm wondering if we'll get those this time around.

Really doesnt look any more odd than BDUs with ultramarine.

PHall

If you don't like it, then don't wear it. Simple as that.

Eclipse

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on August 19, 2013, 12:19:20 AM

No argument, however the average CAP member spends about 8 hours a month, maybe in their boots, not to mention a cadet will grow out of
at least one pair a year if not more.

I spent a good chunk of money on Corcoran jump boots (twice) because they were shiny and "kewl", tore the heck out of my feet whenever I wore them.

The $80 pair of Bates sidezips I wear now are water and BBP proof, super comfortable and well-suited to CAP use, in the office or in the field.
They are duel -purposed for riding my bike, and with heavy use will last for several years, even more if properly cared for.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Nothing better than a cadet telling you his uniform looks like a clown suit, or that he has strong opinions about boots and hats.

Seriously.

"That Others May Zoom"