Officer blue cloth grade

Started by ZombieButter, December 24, 2012, 05:56:56 PM

ZombieButter

I just got my grade from vanguard and I am wondering how much of the blue cloth should be shown around the badges and insignia.

Майор Хаткевич

ZombieButter

Alright thanks! I tried finding it on 39-1 but couldn't.

SarDragon

Quote from: ZombieButter on December 24, 2012, 06:07:15 PM

Page 32, Note 11

Page 79, Note 8

Page 105, Para 6-6
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NorCal21

Quote from: SarDragon on December 24, 2012, 08:08:55 PM

Page 32, Note 11

Page 79, Note 8

Page 105, Para 6-6

I'd save a copy of this in a favorites folder or something too. I can't tell you how many bases I've had tailoring and sewing down where the ladies didn't have a clue. Its the exact same regs for CAP as the AF. Don't understand why they have such a problem with it.

PHall

Quote from: NorCal21 on December 29, 2012, 06:41:00 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on December 24, 2012, 08:08:55 PM

Page 32, Note 11

Page 79, Note 8

Page 105, Para 6-6

I'd save a copy of this in a favorites folder or something too. I can't tell you how many bases I've had tailoring and sewing down where the ladies didn't have a clue. Its the exact same regs for CAP as the AF. Don't understand why they have such a problem with it.

Because nobody pays attention to how wide the border is on the AF insignia. It's not like they're standing open ranks inspections...

NorCal21

Quote from: PHall on December 29, 2012, 06:48:05 AM

Because nobody pays attention to how wide the border is on the AF insignia. It's not like they're standing open ranks inspections...

This is true. Coming out of the Marines I'm used to a little more attention to detail.

Side note here... I met a female Airman a couple years back who's chest was so small side to side that her blouse pockets weren't as wide as the standard blouse. So, when she had the USAF name tape sewn on they actually cut off some of the lettering because it was probably an inch smaller than standard. How funny. She had to have specially ordered name tapes.

LGM30GMCC

Quote from: NorCal21 on December 29, 2012, 07:00:25 AM
Quote from: PHall on December 29, 2012, 06:48:05 AM

This is true. Coming out of the Marines I'm used to a little more attention to detail.

Side note here... I met a female Airman a couple years back who's chest was so small side to side that her blouse pockets weren't as wide as the standard blouse. So, when she had the USAF name tape sewn on they actually cut off some of the lettering because it was probably an inch smaller than standard. How funny. She had to have specially ordered name tapes.

I know how she feels. On some of my short sleeve shirts the epaulets are short enough that I cannot wear the full size 'male' slides. (AF, not CAP, CAP's are actually a medium length in between 'Male' and 'Female') As a result I have to wear the smaller ones on those shirts. No one has said anything about me technically violating the reg because they go the entire length of the epaulet. When I was in ROTC for my first year or so I actually rolled the top of the slides down and ironed them as flat as possible to make them fit. Oddly, I haven't had the same problem on the long-sleeved shirts.