Service Cap Regulation Questions

Started by VetaWulf, October 03, 2011, 09:34:33 PM

SarDragon

To the best of my knowledge, and recollection, uniform class designations have not been formally used in CAP since at least as far back as 1968. I have copies of CAPM 39-1 going back that far, and there is no change notice in the 1968 edition regarding uniform combination nomenclature. That would take us back to 1961.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Grumpy

OK, I remember now.  Just never committed the number combinations to memory.  Thanks

Hawk200

Quote from: davidsinn on October 13, 2011, 04:13:08 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on October 13, 2011, 03:54:00 PM
The new AFI 36-2903 uses Class A and CLass B as terms for the service dress and service uniforms.  >:D

True but those terms are not in our uniform manual. That said. I won't give anyone grief for using them as long as they use them in the same manner as 36-2903.
I can live with that. At least there's something in writing. I know our regulations don't completely mirror the Air Force's, but I guess that using in the same spirit is acceptable.

In some cases, at least I know that the individual is reading something, they're not wallowing in ignorance.

That being said, there is still no class C reference in any Air Force or Civil Air Patrol publication.