CAP Experiments Circa 2000?

Started by Майор Хаткевич, April 08, 2011, 04:21:24 AM

Майор Хаткевич

I'm sure certain folks on this board can figure out what game this is from, but I seem to find a number of ribbons I've worn/wear on this "general".

Ryan

Hahaha, is that some Red Alert 2? It's like Westwood was subliminally telling me to join CAP for most of my childhood.
Ryan Erskine
C/Lt Col, ALWG

The CyBorg is destroyed

It's not uncommon to see CAP ribbons used as generic chest candy in movies/TV.

I think there was once a thread on here about even seeing CAP ribbons on a soldier in a National Guard recruiting advert.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

nesagsar

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: CyBorg on April 08, 2011, 05:59:34 AM
It's not uncommon to see CAP ribbons used as generic chest candy in movies/TV.

I think there was once a thread on here about even seeing CAP ribbons on a soldier in a National Guard recruiting advert.

True, but for this game I found it amusing, especially since Ray Wise plays the US President. Between game play, they have little videos, and this is one of the Soviet Generals in one of the videos. Interesting concept that died away in the 2000s.

I remember getting some X-Files game that was on 7 or 8 CDs because it was a video (I mean it, video) game that you clicked to move through the image/activate a film.

Майор Хаткевич

manfredvonrichthofen

manfredvonrichthofen

Red lines show the issues, and the blue lines show how they should be.

The big red circle at the top is because there would be no MG wearing a garrison cap with his aide in a service cap.

davidsinn

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 12, 2011, 04:14:29 AM
Red lines show the issues, and the blue lines show how they should be.

The big red circle at the top is because there would be no MG wearing a garrison cap with his aide in a service cap.

It's a sequel game to a game where WWII didn't happen as we know it because Einstein went back in time to erase a young german corporal from history... Besides the general in the pic was a cowboy modeled after Patton. Don't take it too seriously. >:D
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Hawk200

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 12, 2011, 04:14:29 AM
Nor would they be wearing them indoors. I've seen two generals that almost had conniptions when a soldier didn't doff a cap within the first three steps inside the door.

MSG Mac

General Officers also don't wear Branch Insignia, unless they're Medical Corps
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

James Shaw

Quote from: CyBorg on April 08, 2011, 05:59:34 AM

The State Guard Association of the United States uses the same ribbon for a "Faithful Service Award" as we do the Medal of Valor Ribbon.

http://www.sgaus.org/member_services/awards.html

Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - Current
USCGA:2018 - Current
SGAUS: 2017 - Current

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: davidsinn on April 12, 2011, 04:32:37 AM
It's a sequel game to a game where WWII didn't happen as we know it because Einstein went back in time to erase a young german corporal from history... Besides the general in the pic was a cowboy modeled after Patton. Don't take it too seriously. >:D

Yes, the Patton-esque is done quite over the top in the videos. I do like the Air Force Lieutenant who is wearing Major Oaks in the completely wrong place in the game. :P

niferous

On the US general above the green ribbon with a white star is a Texas National Guard award. It's was called something like the State Adjuctant General's award or something like that. We all called the Green Wenie Award. They were handed out left and right for flood duties and various other activities. His would be upside down if worn on a TX National or State Guard uniform though.
Any advice I give is worth exactly what you are paying for it.

Dragon 3-2

Funny because in the game he is from TX lol

Captain  Steven Smith
Aerospace Education Officer
NJ-102 Plainfield Red Falcons
Eaker #2089
2009 NJWG / NER Dragon Drill Team

Cool Mace

I was watching Mary Poppins yesterday with my nieces and nephews, and they guy with the ship on top of his house had a cadet recruiter and the Curry ribbon on. I don't have a picture of it, or I would post it.
I'm sure you can google it though!
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Cool Mace on April 25, 2011, 03:10:55 PM
I was watching Mary Poppins yesterday with my nieces and nephews, and they guy with the ship on top of his house had a cadet recruiter and the Curry ribbon on. I don't have a picture of it, or I would post it.

Hmmm, so CAP stole the designs for the ribbons from Disney!
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

JeffDG

Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 25, 2011, 03:39:25 PM

Hmmm, so CAP stole the designs for the ribbons from Disney!
If that were the case, the lawyers at Disney would own CAP in a heartbeat!  They have some of the most aggressive and effective intellectual property lawyers in the world there.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

vento

Quote from: Eclipse on April 25, 2011, 04:40:30 PM

Eclipse Sir, you can now add a second clasp to your "Too much free time award".   >:D