IAWG recruiting for the USRC??

Started by TDHenderson, November 19, 2009, 11:53:29 PM

TDHenderson

Well, this is very interesting.  Go to http://iawg.cap.gov and click on either the Cadet Programs or Join Iowa CAP and lookie where that takes you.   :o

Umm, Dubuque, we have a problem...

Майор Хаткевич

A hackjob... Maybe a chance to sue a certain Lt General?

NCRblues

Oh....wow, did anyone else just laugh hard when they clicked on the link. Yes Iowa has a problem, its needs to be fixed fast.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

RogueLeader

Oh heeeeyyy no.

excuse me while I go visit the latrine and loose my supper. . . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Nomex Maximus

Why yes, ma'am, I am Brigadier General Nomex Maximus, United States Ranger Corps. Now where is that "emergency" you need me to respond to?
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

CadetProgramGuy

Just another slap on the face......Great job everyone!!

Майор Хаткевич

JoinIowaCAP.org  still goes there...

NCRblues

has anyone contacted someone from IAWG to fix this?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Phil Hirons, Jr.

I just sent an e-mail to their webmaster.

Major Lord

The only way to really kill them is to drive a wooden stake through their hearts and bury them in consecrated ground........Wait.... that's Vampires......

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

FW

Gee, I wonder if Tony's old sidekick, Rex became a member?   :)

rjfoxx

I just tried it and it seems to be fixed.  It points to the Cadet Programs section on the Nat'l website
Major Richard J Foxx, CAP
Health Service Officer - DEWG
IG Inspector - DEWG

Майор Хаткевич

Worked for me through the website, not directly: JoinIowaCAP.org

CadetProgramGuy

I sent an email to webmaster, CC and CV early yesterday morning.  There are claims of HiJacking.

Its fixed.

CPG

JC004

Looks hijacked, but it could be anyone.  I could easily register www.acompanythatreallyreallyblowsreallybad.com (or something) and redirect it to, say, Microsoft.

Capt Rivera

//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

JC004

They're easy enough to find out from what I understand, tho...

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: FW on November 20, 2009, 02:18:23 PM
Gee, I wonder if Tony's old sidekick, Rex became a member?   :)

IIRC Rex is back, but don't expect him to send Little Fidel any Chrsitmas cards this year...
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Eclipse

Quote from: JC004 on November 21, 2009, 05:53:56 AM
They're easy enough to find out from what I understand, tho...

A little poking around shows the domain itself expired in Aug (09) and was snapped up by a domain aggregator.  Further poking popped up the name of the person who did what appears to be the original website and ongoing maintenance.

That person does not appear to be affiliated with CAP anymore.

"That Others May Zoom"

isuhawkeye

so, was this an aggressive hack, or an innocent oversight by a webmaster

Eclipse

Quote from: isuhawkeye on November 26, 2009, 06:52:25 PM
so, was this an aggressive hack, or an innocent oversight by a webmaster

I'd bet the latter - there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of fire under the other program, nor does it appear to have a CP anyway.

My guess is that at some point that domain was setup as a default 404, and redirected after the "unpleasantness", only to pop back up when something broke or someone started making changes to the approved site.

"That Others May Zoom"

SJFedor

Quote from: JC004 on November 21, 2009, 05:39:15 AM
Looks hijacked, but it could be anyone.  I could easily register www.acompanythatreallyreallyblowsreallybad.com (or something) and redirect it to, say, Microsoft.

hahahaha

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

CadetProgramGuy

Got this in my email....

The Iowa Wing Website will be down the last week of December till the second week of January, during this time we will transition to a new ISP. The Group Hub will also be done away with at this time to be replaced with a new members site.  Please relay this information to all members.