Getting a suggestion/proposal to the National Board

Started by jeders, May 20, 2009, 04:05:51 PM

jeders

Since this thread was only partially answered before it got derailed into a discussion of uniforms, I wanted to ask this again in the hopes of getting a better more detailed answer.

As a squadron commander, how do I get a proposal to the National Board? Should I start with group, or should I take it directly to wing? If I take it to wing, should I take it to the wing commander, or should I coordinate with wing staff first (consult DCP for CP related issues, consult DO/ESO for Ops related stuff)? Would the proposal have more weight if multiple people signed on to it/proposed it?

Thanks for the help.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

dwb

Use the chain of command.  IOW, ask your Group Commander.

MIGCAP

Suggested agenda items go up through your chain of command to your wing commander. As a member of the National Board your Wing CC can submit an agenda item officially when the call for them is made for them.

Cecil DP

Make sure your proposal is well written,  justified, and thought out. Explain why it would benefit CAP as a whole. The proposal should be at least a paragraph, preferebly more, and quite precise in what you want. Example: Recognition of Commander's was proposed several times before the Badge and ribbon were approved. It was pointed out that this was a special assignment that directly effected everyone and that while the NEC/NB had badges to indentify that service (As if the Eagles on the shoulder didn't), subordinate commanders were not similiarly recognized. It was alsp pointed out that until 1971 there had been a ribbon for commanders at all levels (The one now used as the DR ribbon)
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85