Main Menu

Agenda

Started by arajca, January 29, 2009, 01:39:11 AM

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: RiverAux on January 29, 2009, 10:32:13 PM
Quote from: Pylon on January 29, 2009, 02:25:06 PM
Quote from: Strick on January 29, 2009, 02:17:11 PM
Then why do we wear the blue AF slides , flight cap ectc with the CSU? 

Great question.  Some people are already looking into the legality and appropriateness of that.  The original uniform itself was pushed through from concept to production at a dizzying speed, and thus a lot of these issues were never considered when it was first created.
The AF made CAP do several changes to the CSU before it was approved in this final version.  I suppose they could change their mind and say they now have an objection to something they didn't before. 

That might very well happen, but I think the major hangups Ma Blue had from the initial ram-jam of the TPU a couple of years back have been smoothed out. If Ma Blue wants us to wear gray CAP shoulder marks, I don't have a problem; I still feel a little 'hinky' wearing RealAirForce® blue shoulder marks on the CSU shirt, unless they bring back the old CAP blue marks only for the CSU.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

ThorntonOL

Do you watch NCIS AlphaSigOU?
Now to the topic, anything on the Senior Officer Course that they are working on?
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

CAP_truth

1. CC badge for former commanders thats why we have a Command Service Ribbon.
2. Silver braid out Black, Ultramarine Blue , Dark Navy Blue (darker that uniform) GOOD. Red, Yellow, Green or Orange BAD!!
3. Silver chin strap on hat should be black.
4. Military ribbons on corporate uniform should be authorized. I would not like to see a Medal o Honor, Silver Star,  Bronze Star or Purple Heart member unable to wear awards for Bravery on corporate uniforms.
5. Miniature medals on corporate service uniform for formal occasion a good ideal.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: ThorntonOL on January 30, 2009, 12:02:45 AM
Now to the topic, anything on the Senior Officer Course that they are working on?

Once in a while...  ;D

I put my name in for the focus group working on the new course, but have heard zilch from the echelons above reality...  ;D
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: CAP_truth on January 30, 2009, 12:52:29 AM
2. Silver braid out Black, Ultramarine Blue , Dark Navy Blue (darker that uniform) GOOD. Red, Yellow, Green or Orange BAD!!
3. Silver chin strap on hat should be black.
4. Military ribbons on corporate uniform should be authorized. I would not like to see a Medal o Honor, Silver Star,  Bronze Star or Purple Heart member unable to wear awards for Bravery on corporate uniforms.
5. Miniature medals on corporate service uniform for formal occasion a good ideal.

Ditch the Command Service Ribbon. It looks too similar to the Community Service Ribbon. Former squadron and group commanders deserve a more tangible recognition for the job they got roped into do or have done. Wing kings and region rajahs already get the NEC/NB badge.

Agree on everything else.
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

RiverAux

Actually they're going to get rid of the ribbon in favor of the badges.  Because we have a ribbon we have no need for badges (insert movie quote). 

arajca

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on January 30, 2009, 12:56:06 AM

Once in a while...  ;D

I put my name in for the focus group working on the new course, but have heard zilch from the echelons above reality...  ;D
I also volunteered and haven't heard anything. A friend of mine did and was told he didn't make the first cut. Appearently, they had more interest then they counted on.

Cecil DP

Quote from: RiverAux on January 30, 2009, 01:31:26 AM
Actually they're going to get rid of the ribbon in favor of the badges.  Because we have a ribbon we have no need for badges (insert movie quote). 

Currently , only sitting commanders get to wear the badege. The CSR was to show prior command experience.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Gunner C

Quote from: O-Rex on January 29, 2009, 10:31:18 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on January 29, 2009, 05:26:56 PM
Quote from: AlphaSigOU on January 29, 2009, 04:58:46 PM
Personally, I can do without the gaudy silver sleeve braid on the CSU service dress jacket. Red sleeve braid - even though it hearkens back to old-school CAP heritage - isn't going to help the gaudiness factor either.

The silver can go, and blank would be fine with me, but as to any other color than black, are we talking "RED" or "RED"?

Naw, maybe black (?)

Army uses it on the Service Greens, at least for the next couple of years.  Even when they phase out, black mohair trim is not hard to find. . .

I like the corp uniform, but the silver sleeve braid makes one look like the doorman at the Hilton. 

Eclipse:  A number of folks made the suggestion about the CC's badge, yours-truly included (my gripe was that CC's paid five bucks for something they wouldn't get to keep.)  don't feel bad: I invented the question mark, and never got credit for it either >:D

You never know, maybe a few more voices made the difference; reminds me of the last line of Alice's Restaurant, about enough people forming a protest/conspiracy, if any of you remember it.

Nontheless, you are a true brother and a kindred soul, so I second AlphaSigOU's motion for that PBR!!  :clap:

When I saw that in the agenda I immediately thought of black braid - Army officer braid is a bit wider IIRC (I'll have to drag out my greens and compare.)  It'll probably look pretty good, especially compared to that aluminum ring around the sleeve.

I guess a CC badge would be OK.  I think it makes more sense than a ribbon.

The Chaplain Corps (not Corp) change is just nothing more than eyewash.  Let'm be a service. Keep them on the Group W bench.  ;D

CAP_truth

Quote from: arajca on January 30, 2009, 03:28:11 AM
Quote from: AlphaSigOU on January 30, 2009, 12:56:06 AM

Once in a while...  ;D

I also volunteered and haven't heard anything. A friend of mine did and was told he didn't make the first cut. Appearently, they had more interest then they counted on.
I received and email from national headquarter's that I made the first cut. Lets see what happens next
Cadet CoP
Wilson

A.Member

A lot of uniform items on the agenda again.  :-[
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

DogCollar

Quote from: Gunner C on January 30, 2009, 01:43:21 PM
[When I saw that in the agenda I immediately thought of black braid - Army officer braid is a bit wider IIRC (I'll have to drag out my greens and compare.)  It'll probably look pretty good, especially compared to that aluminum ring around the sleeve.

The Chaplain Corps (not Corp) change is just nothing more than eyewash.  Let'm be a service. Keep them on the Group W bench.  ;D

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the Group W bench?
Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP

Rotorhead

Quote from: A.Member on January 30, 2009, 02:35:20 PM
For some reason, CAP spends an inordinate (and, I think, unhealthy) amount of time worrying about what its members will wear.

Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: DogCollar on January 30, 2009, 02:53:13 PM
[When I saw that in the agenda I immediately thought of black braid - Army officer braid is a bit wider IIRC (I'll have to drag out my greens and compare.)  It'll probably look pretty good, especially compared to that aluminum ring around the sleeve.

It was the area for rejects at the draft office in the song "Alice's Restaurant".

Drink for knowing!

DogCollar

Quote from: phirons on January 30, 2009, 03:02:16 PM

It was the area for rejects at the draft office in the song "Alice's Restaurant".

Drink for knowing!

Ah...I see.
Ch. Maj. Bill Boldin, CAP

davedove

Quote from: Rotorhead on January 30, 2009, 03:00:39 PM
Quote from: A.Member on January 30, 2009, 02:35:20 PM
For some reason, CAP spends an inordinate (and, I think, unhealthy) amount of time worrying about what its members will wear.

That's because there is no real policy on uniform direction, just a bunch of people sitting around saying "Why don't we do this?"
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

arajca

IF they work these now, AND do not bring up uniform items for the rest of the year, it would be great. Then, maybe, perhaps, possibly, the NB/NEC can get down to real business.

Yea, that's a big if  ;D

cap235629

Quote from: DogCollar on January 30, 2009, 03:16:49 PM
Quote from: phirons on January 30, 2009, 03:02:16 PM

Drink for knowing!

Ah...I see.

Coming home from the last Sarex (2 hour ride) I indoctrinated another generation of litterbugs when 2 cadets listened to the whole song, twice, and loved every minute of it (I did have to explain a few things between replays)

Kid, have you ever been arrested? LMAO :D :D :D :D
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: RiverAux on January 29, 2009, 03:47:41 AM
Who thinks that commanders who sew on a commanders badge in one place when they are in command are actually going to take the time to swith it to a differenct place when they are no longer in that position?  Why in the world do we need to identify former commanders anyway?

I do.

Commanders are ultimately responsible for compliance with CAPM 39-1. Commanders continue to lead by example once they leave a command post.

This must mean the NB is considering patterning wear rules for the command badge that mimic the Air Force's (that sitting commanders wear the badge ABOVE the name tag, and that graduated commanders wear it 1/2 inch below the service-coat nametag.)

The command badge is authorized to be worn on flight-suit nametags, so extending it to the BDU is logical. Now if some of these NASCAR patches would disappear (all shoulder patches, ES patches, special activity patches), maybe we could clean up the uniform!

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

Eclipse

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on January 30, 2009, 08:36:28 PM
The command badge is authorized to be worn on flight-suit nametags,

In CAP?  Cite please.

"That Others May Zoom"