Does anyone share their CAP facilities with The School Enrichment Program?

Started by BIG Lt, November 24, 2008, 02:59:04 AM

RiverAux

I thought that by definition, CAP SEP programs took place in the schools, so why would they need to use a CAP facility?

Eclipse

Are the SEP members allowed to do anything outside the schools like ES, rocketry, O-Rides, etc.?  My understanding was that
these members were too young for anything but the SEP.

"That Others May Zoom"

RiverAux

SEP is the program for middle school kids.  You're thinking of the one for k-5th graders.  They just changed the name of that one (it was "junior cadets"). 

FW

SEP cadets can work with local squadrons for O'flights, etc.  or they can do them during school hours.  I've flown O'flights for SEP cadets on Fridays.  As far as I know, they can do pretty much anything  "traditional" cadets can do.  

Eclipse

Quote from: RiverAux on November 24, 2008, 04:14:53 AM
SEP is the program for middle school kids.  You're thinking of the one for k-5th graders.  They just changed the name of that one (it was "junior cadets"). 

OK, so the SEP is just regular 12+YO cadets who happen to do CAP as a school program?

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Actually the SEP program is the old middle school inititive....so it includes kids less then 12 years old.

As for sharing facilities....here in Las Vegas the SEP unit could not meet in their school during the summer months so they met at the same building that my squadron meets.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RiverAux

They have to follow the same minimum age guidelines as the rest of CAP. 

BIG Lt

Quote from: lordmonar on November 25, 2008, 12:17:51 AM
Actually the SEP program is the old middle school inititive....so it includes kids less then 12 years old.

As for sharing facilities....here in Las Vegas the SEP unit could not meet in their school during the summer months so they met at the same building that my squadron meets.

Did they only use your facilities during the summer?

lordmonar

Quote from: RiverAux on November 25, 2008, 12:19:05 AM
They have to follow the same minimum age guidelines as the rest of CAP. 

Nope....the SEP starts in the 6th grade regardless of age.

lordmonar

Quote from: BIG Lt on November 25, 2008, 04:17:34 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on November 25, 2008, 12:17:51 AM

Did they only use your facilities during the summer?

Yes...once school started again...the returned to meeting at the school.

BIG Lt

Here in Philadelphia the SEP wants to use our facilities Saturdays and on days the schools have off.