Main Menu

U.S. Ranger Corps

Started by 0, May 27, 2008, 03:23:11 PM

He who shall not be named has his website up and running. I took a look for a laugh.  You gotta check this out.  Our memberships are transferable.  The best part they ask about joining but don't tell you how.  Gotta love that.  I give it two months before it colapses.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

notaNCO forever

Post a link to the site please.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

I found the application.  It actually asks if you are/were a Civil Air Patrol member. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Flying Pig

Wow....from reading the site, it makes some pretty wild claims about nationwide service considering theres only a handful of members in FL.    If our memberships are transferable, Im thinking this could be my fast track to Major General?

Could be.  I'm sure he'd do it. He likes giving out grade like candy.  ;)

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

kpetersen

What I find funny is on the "Join" page, they make you submit the application and get approved, then log in to make your payment.  It doesn't say how much the membership costs...
Kat Petersen, Maj, CAP

It does, it says 60.  It's on another page and on the application.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

CASH172

What's with the logo on the building?

kpetersen

I'm bline--I even had the application open.

Why would they want to know the make/model (sometimes tag) of all your vehicles...and the number of horses you own?
Kat Petersen, Maj, CAP

CASH172

QuotePLANTATION, FL.  Saturday, April 26, 2008 was the inaugural meeting of the Command Council of the United States Ranger Corps. The members of the Council reviewed and signed the Constitution of the USRC, lead by Major General Tony Pineda.

The Council put the finishing touches on the ground work for an exciting, new volunteer organization that will provide much needed humanitarian assistance to our communities, states, and Nation as well as providing education and training to its members.   

Who's on the council other than TP.  And didn't the NOTF or somebody report he's a Lt Gen?

Quote from: CASH172 on May 27, 2008, 03:46:33 PM
QuotePLANTATION, FL.  Saturday, April 26, 2008 was the inaugural meeting of the Command Council of the United States Ranger Corps. The members of the Council reviewed and signed the Constitution of the USRC, lead by Major General Tony Pineda.

The Council put the finishing touches on the ground work for an exciting, new volunteer organization that will provide much needed humanitarian assistance to our communities, states, and Nation as well as providing education and training to its members.  

Who's on the council other than TP.  And didn't the NOTF or somebody report he's a Lt Gen?

Maybe he changed his mind and went back to the Maj Gen for now.
Quote from: kpetersen on May 27, 2008, 03:45:17 PM
I'm bline--I even had the application open.

Why would they want to know the make/model (sometimes tag) of all your vehicles...and the number of horses you own?

For the Search & Rescue missions they won't get on for a long time.  Most likely so your vehicle will be granted access.  The horses well they hope to be cowboys and make wild, wild west rescues.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

notaNCO forever

What a bunch of lies they make it sound like their organization is huge and all over the country when it only consists of a spitefull crazy leader and a few followers stupid enough to believe him. I also doubt they allready have uniforms like they say they do.

I missed the uniform part.  My favorite is the picture with their seal on a buliding in the snow.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

RiverAux

The sad thing is that their recruiting web page looks much more professional than our own. 

I like on the application it says something about a fingerprint card.  But no where else do they mention getting finger printed.  I think they took scans from ours and just placed their stuff over ours.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

mikeylikey

hmmmm.......blahhh.  Mikey just threw-up all over himself, two 2Lt's, his new HP laptop, the secretary in the office.  Wait, wait.......blahhhh......Mikey's Venti Mocha Mint Frappacino from Starbucks just came up!  Here comes my Chicken BLT salad from Wendy's

Man.......my but actually is starting to hurt real bad.  I was in the process of filling out the application and.......crap.........I think I am going to be sick again.

What is happening?!?!?  I think the world is ending.......US Ranger Corps.......Calling the US Ranger Corps.......I need HELP!

END RANT.

Seriously.....Too much personal info wanted on the application.......No real information presented on the Website.......and they want sealed military Courts-Martial and Art 15 records disclosed.  Nowhere in the FED Govt does a veteran have to disclose Article 15 actions.  That is why they exist, for punishment at the Local Commanders level, in lieu of a Court Martial.

So I guess if you are a lair and a cheat they let you into the US Ranger Corps??

MIKEY has decided to go home early today.......perhaps to clean the grill from the Memorial Day BBQ....but more likely than not.....to start drinking by 2PM.  This was it folks......this has officially crapped on my entire week!

What's up monkeys?

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 27, 2008, 05:05:19 PM
hmmmm.......blahhh.  Mikey just threw-up all over himself, two 2Lt's, his new HP laptop, the secretary in the office.  Wait, wait.......blahhhh......Mikey's Venti Mocha Mint Frappacino from Starbucks just came up!  Here comes my Chicken BLT salad from Wendy's

Man.......my but actually is starting to hurt real bad.  I was in the process of filling out the application and.......crap.........I think I am going to be sick again.

What is happening?!?!?  I think the world is ending.......US Ranger Corps.......Calling the US Ranger Corps.......I need HELP!

END RANT.

Seriously.....Too much personal info wanted on the application.......No real information presented on the Website.......and they want sealed military Courts-Martial and Art 15 records disclosed.  Nowhere in the FED Govt does a veteran have to disclose Article 15 actions.  That is why they exist, for punishment at the Local Commanders level, in lieu of a Court Martial.

So I guess if you are a lair and a cheat they let you into the US Ranger Corps??

MIKEY has decided to go home early today.......perhaps to clean the grill from the Memorial Day BBQ....but more likely than not.....to start drinking by 2PM.  This was it folks......this has officially crapped on my entire week!

Mikey, we've known his insane ever since the whole "US Civil Air Patrol" thing. This just shows it to the world.  Who in their right minds would join this orginization? 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

jimmydeanno

...and they want sealed military Courts-Martial and Art 15 records disclosed.  Nowhere in the FED Govt does a veteran have to disclose Article 15 actions.  That is why they exist, for punishment at the Local Commanders level, in lieu of a Court Martial.

Ironic considering one of the "founding members" is a convicted felon...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SJFedor

Come on down dude. I still got a lot of good stuff left over from the weekend!

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Quote from: jimmydeanno on May 27, 2008, 05:31:03 PM
...and they want sealed military Courts-Martial and Art 15 records disclosed.  Nowhere in the FED Govt does a veteran have to disclose Article 15 actions.  That is why they exist, for punishment at the Local Commanders level, in lieu of a Court Martial.

Ironic considering one of the "founding members" is a convicted felon...

I believe it's a case of "Do as we say and not as we've done. ... Because we are gods and infalable."

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

dwb

When I was a kid, my neighbor and I would start clubs for various things (model rockets, R/C planes, skateboarding, wiffleball, etc.)  We would always make sure to assign ourselves the best job titles and have ridiculously high entry requirements for non-founders.

A couple days later, after working hard on a logo or deciding on a meeting location, we'd lose interest and move on.

Of course, we were just kids.  I can't imagine creating such a club today.

Turk

To borrow a Sopranospeak phrase, "Marron!!!"  :P

Take a good look at their home page - there's a shot of someone in an aircraft on the ramp. Look closely at his face - is that who I think it is?  ;D

http://usrangercorps.us/site/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

I see that the site still lists him as a Major General. I'm sure he'll see clear to upgrade this. A century ago, Kaiser Bill would refer to himself in correspondence as "the All Highest."

"To fly is everything."  Otto Lilienthal

NIN

Quote from: Orion Pax on May 27, 2008, 03:48:03 PM
Quote from: CASH172 on May 27, 2008, 03:46:33 PM
Maybe he changed his mind and went back to the Maj Gen for now.

Well, you know, he already had most of the insignia...

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversationsâ„¢
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

mikeylikey

Quote from: dwb on May 27, 2008, 06:15:47 PM
When I was a kid, my neighbor and I would start clubs for various things (model rockets, R/C planes, skateboarding, wiffleball, etc.)  We would always make sure to assign ourselves the best job titles and have ridiculously high entry requirements for non-founders.

Hey I started a Skateboarding club as well.  It lasted all of three days when I broke my leg in a swimming pool and my Mom took my board, dads saw-all and handed me back my board in three pieces. 

If you want.....we could start a skate club.  I am thinking, awesome-super-duper grind club??  The only thing is, we won't allow anyone in that doesn't pay us $60.00, fills out a ridiculous application, and only lives more than 500 miles from Florida (where we will base our US Ranger Corps  Awesome-Super-Duper Grind Skateboard Club

Quote from: SJFedor on May 27, 2008, 05:35:10 PM

Come on down dude. I still got a lot of good stuff left over from the weekend!

I would, but I don't think I would make it back home (most likely cause I don't like working!!).  Now....if you want to come fly me down, and fly me back.....consider me your hungover friend that will never leave.  Do you have a futon??   :D
What's up monkeys?

dwb

The only reason we even had an interest in skateboards was because of Back to the Future.

Maybe we can call the club The Marty McFlys. ;D

mikeylikey

^ I'm in.

QuoteAre you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?

Favorite Movie of all time!

What's up monkeys?

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 27, 2008, 06:53:20 PM
^ I'm in.

QuoteAre you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?

Favorite Movie of all time!

You're not thinking 4th Demensionally.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

mikeylikey

So has anyone Joined the USRC??

What's up monkeys?

kpetersen

I am waiting for them to send me a copy of their constitution, bylaws and regulations before I sign the application that says I agree to adhere to them.
Kat Petersen, Maj, CAP

mikeylikey

^ Oh....someone is thinking ahead! 
What's up monkeys?

I sent them two emails both have gone unanswered as of yet.   One to ask about finding a local unit then another asking if they even have any sort of command structure in my area yet. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

davedove

This man is such an amatuer upstart.  If you want to join a real, hi-speed organization, join the American Action Team.  We do everything his puny corps will do, plus we can walk on water and leap tall buildings with a single bound.

Field Marshal David Dove
American Action Team

;D
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

DC

I love how on the "Member Benefits" page they say that due to the large amount of benefits they offer they cannot list them yet.

Can you say "Bullcrap"?

Seriously, I hope that no one is fooled into joining this pathetic little enterprise...

Smokey

Has anyone tried calling  the phone number listed yet to see what you get???
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

SAR-EMT1

I went to the website...
Coke went spewing out my nose...
I laughed until my sides hurt and my nose stopped burning...
Then I threw up in my mouth.

---
I will apply as the newly created Surgeon General (EMT)
* Note: I must recieve a comission as a USRC Brig Gen. AT LEAST, otherwise I want no part in it. ... Oh! and I want my own mansion and a yacht, and membership in the super-secret command network.

----
... sheesh, I hope the group folds in a month....
Then again, I bet plenty of PAWG "RANGERS" will FLOCK to his banner.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

I doubt he'd get anyone else.  I'd only join if, well if it wasn't a group to suit his fancy.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Smokey on May 27, 2008, 07:27:23 PM
Has anyone tried calling  the phone number listed yet to see what you get???

It goes to a service that more often appears to make it's living by providing services to those get-rich-quick "CALL THIS NUMBER FOR A RECORDED MESSAGE TELLING YOU HOW TO MAKE ZILLIONS!" schemes.  The funny part is that on it, TP says that "no one is available to take your call" -- of course, it's an unattended number!

Oh, and as of yet, no one has called me to complain that someone on my network has been browsing the /images directory.   :)

Al Sayre

Hmmm, I wonder if my Admiral's rank will transfer?  After all, at least it's signed by the Governor...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

MSgt Van

and the fine print on the application...

"That I understand USRC pilots are volunteering their time,
services, and aircraft, and are not financially compensated for their time or services. As evidenced by my signature on this Waiver of Liability, I regard my authorization by USRC to participate in USRC activities, free of charge (including flight and ground operation, and other USRC activities), as valuable consideration in exchange for this Release, and I value this consideration as a significant, material factor in my own well-being, prosperity and pursuit of
happiness. "

Cecil DP

I appreciated the pictures on the web site. Tony, if you're reading this there are no mountains in Florida, especially snow covered ones.

Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

ßτε

Turk

Quote from: bte on May 27, 2008, 11:48:05 PM
Have you noticed that their Chief of Chaplains is a Brig. Gen.?

http://usrangercorps.us/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=39

...and how there's no background check for anyone?  ::)

"To fly is everything."  Otto Lilienthal

JayT

QuoteThe units of the USRC will be located in every state, supervised by a State Commander who will hold the grade of Brigadier General of the USRC.  States will consist of a local Company and Battalions where members will be assigned.  The states will be working for their respective Division Commanders who hold the grade of Major General of the USRC.

That's two references to General Officer rank in one paragraph of the 'About.'
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: kpetersen on May 27, 2008, 07:08:59 PM
I am waiting for them to send me a copy of their constitution, bylaws and regulations before I sign the application that says I agree to adhere to them.

KAT DON'T DO IT!  I know it sucks with nothing but corn over by you, but theres better ways of dealing with pressure.  JUST SAY NO TO RANGER CORPS!

kpetersen

Well, I heard back from the USRC.  And I'm actually contemplating black-mailing my sister into signing the paperwork, since I know she doesn't care, and doesn't own any resources.   :)  She's delaying the order of the bridesmaid dresses, so she owes me.
Kat Petersen, Maj, CAP

Chappie

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on May 28, 2008, 12:11:54 AM
Quote from: kpetersen on May 27, 2008, 07:08:59 PM

KAT DON'T DO IT!  I know it sucks with nothing but corn over by you, but theres better ways of dealing with pressure.  JUST SAY NO TO RANGER CORPS!

"Friends don't let friends join the Ranger Corps"  ;)
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Chappie

Quote from: bte on May 27, 2008, 11:48:05 PM
Have you noticed that their Chief of Chaplains is a Brig. Gen.?

http://usrangercorps.us/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=39

Their Chief of Chaplains served the "general who will remained unnamed" as the SER HC when prior to the "general" becoming the National Vice and National Commander.  He continued to serve as SER HC until 2005 when he was appointed to be  Deputy Chief of CAP Chaplain Service.  The "general who will remain unnamed" let it be known in June of 2007 that Chaplain Charles Sharp (Chief of CAP Chaplain Services) would be relieved of duty at the 2007 National Board.  As we know, the BOG suspended the membership of the "general who will remain unnamed" and removed him from command.  Brig Gen Amy Courter decided that it would be best for CAP and the Chaplain Service to not make any changes.  In February it was announced that Chaplain (Lt Col) Ron Tottingham (NCR HC) was the new Deputy Chief of CAP Chaplain Services.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

sarmed1

QuoteThen again, I bet plenty of PAWG "RANGERS" will FLOCK to his banner.

that would make me vomit even more so.....

on a side note:
amazing you cant let it alone to mock one group at a time.  Could you maybe make some more obnoxious comments including references to  berets, carrying firearms, putting red lights on your van, providing medical care and calling someone a nazi so we can get all of the common lock topics into one thread.

end rant
mk

Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

mikeylikey

^..............LOCK.   >:D

hahahahhaa
What's up monkeys?

CASH172

wingnut

what a pathetic bunch of geeks  :D :o ::)

Cecil DP

I was checking out the US Cadet corps and there was an announcement that CAP members were not welcome until LtGen  Pineda was reinstated as National Commander of CAP.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

JC004

Quote from: Cecil DP on May 28, 2008, 05:43:53 AM
I was checking out the US Cadet corps and there was an announcement that CAP members were not welcome until LtGen  Pineda was reinstated as National Commander of CAP.

the wtf?

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: sarmed1 on May 28, 2008, 01:56:24 AM
QuoteThen again, I bet plenty of PAWG "RANGERS" will FLOCK to his banner.

that would make me vomit even more so.....

on a side note:
amazing you cant let it alone to mock one group at a time.  Could you maybe make some more obnoxious comments including references to  berets, carrying firearms, putting red lights on your van, providing medical care and calling someone a nazi so we can get all of the common lock topics into one thread.

end rant
mk

Do USRC Rangers get Boonie Hats?   >:D
Another former CAP officer

RRLE

QuoteI am waiting for them to send me a copy of their constitution, bylaws and regulations before I sign the application that says I agree to adhere to them.

According to NOTF 27 May Page 2  the constitution was only signed on Saturday.

Quote'U.S. RANGER CORPS' CONSTITUTION SIGNED

On Saturday, at the inaugural meeting of the "Command Council" of the United States Ranger Corps in Plantation, Fla., the members of the council reviewed and signed the Constitution of the USRC, led by Tony Pineda.
    Pineda, the former national commander of the Civil Air Patrol who was ousted and stripped of his rank and CAP membership, is still, apparently, calling himself a "major general."
    The Web site, at http://usrangercorps.us/site , does not show the text of the "constitution," nor does it list the members of the group's "command council."

Quote from: RRLE on May 28, 2008, 12:22:42 PM
QuoteI am waiting for them to send me a copy of their constitution, bylaws and regulations before I sign the application that says I agree to adhere to them.

According to NOTF 27 May Page 2  the constitution was only signed on Saturday.

Quote'U.S. RANGER CORPS' CONSTITUTION SIGNED

On Saturday, at the inaugural meeting of the "Command Council" of the United States Ranger Corps in Plantation, Fla., the members of the council reviewed and signed the Constitution of the USRC, led by Tony Pineda.
    Pineda, the former national commander of the Civil Air Patrol who was ousted and stripped of his rank and CAP membership, is still, apparently, calling himself a "major general."
    The Web site, at http://usrangercorps.us/site , does not show the text of the "constitution," nor does it list the members of the group's "command council."

But they've already got it out.  Kat recieved a copy of it and they bylaws already.  Read the full board before you jump the shark.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

dwb

Quote from: Orion Pax on May 28, 2008, 12:39:56 PM...before you jump the shark.

I'm not sure that's the phrase you were looking for.  Jump the gun, perhaps?

Quote from: dwb on May 28, 2008, 01:04:35 PM

Sorry, "Jump the shark" in my area is interchangeable with "jump the gun". 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: Orion Pax on May 28, 2008, 01:33:30 PM

Heh, yeah those are a tad bit different.  :D

Hey you can't knock a guy for using the vernacular of his area and forgetting other people don't use it that same way.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

smitjud

The Fonz jumping the shark is one of the most awesome moments in television history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDthMGtZKa4

So...does this "Command Council" bring to mind the "Evil Council" from the cinematic masterpeice "Kung-Pow" or is it just me?
JUSTIN D. SMITH, Maj, CAP
ALWG

"You do not lead by hitting people over the head - that's assault, not leadership."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

jeders

Quote from: smitjud on May 28, 2008, 02:08:41 PM

The Fonz jumping the shark is one of the most awesome moments in television history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDthMGtZKa4

So...does this "Command Council" bring to mind the "Evil Council" from the cinematic masterpeice "Kung-Pow" or is it just me?

Just you.

Personally I'm imagining something more along the lines of Star Wars. He who shall remain unnamed is the Emperor, not sure who's playing Vader yet though.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

dwb

Quote from: Orion Pax on May 28, 2008, 01:33:30 PMSorry, "Jump the shark" in my area is interchangeable with "jump the gun". 

But it doesn't make any sense used in that context!

Oh, wait, I found the problem -- Location: MAWG  ;D :P

MIKE

Mike Johnston

smitjud

I think this thread just jumped the shark.
JUSTIN D. SMITH, Maj, CAP
ALWG

"You do not lead by hitting people over the head - that's assault, not leadership."

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

MIKE

Mike Johnston