Main Menu

May NEC Live Web Stream

Started by RiverAux, May 01, 2008, 09:12:36 PM

lawmax

Is there a link to the Safety movie the National CC mentioned?

Pylon

Quote from: lawmax on May 02, 2008, 07:05:45 PM

I'm trying to track that down right now.  Not sure what safety video she meant, but apparently 900+ people have already viewed it.

Edit to add:  I wonder if it's the 3/6/2008 "Safety Video.wmv" that's posted here (linked to from the CAP Video's page on CAPChannel.com)? 
ftp://video:download@ftp.iqstorage.com/Safety%20Video.wmv

(This is further proof we have too many websites)

Edit to add again:  Can't get it to load the video.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

chiles

Is it just me, or is there an inordinate amount of coughing, sniffling, sneezing, and other such sounds of sickness among our senior leaders?
Maj Christopher Hiles, MS, RN BSN, CAP
Commander
Ft McHenry Composite Squadron
Health Services Officer
Maryland Wing
Mitchell: 43417
Wilson: 2878

RiseAbove

Agenda Item 9a (Motion to create wing and region committees to evaluate modifications to travel trailers) Passed

Agenda Item 9b (Motion to create a formaldehyde testing process) passed unanimously

Agenda Item 10 (UAV Chase Flights with ANG) was put off to a later NEC

Agenda Item 11 (Comm. Curriculum) passed unanimously

Agenda Item 12 (National Repeater Charter) passed unanimously
C/Tucker
Goddard Cadet Squadron
NER-MA-007

Tubacap

William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

CAP Producer

Quote from: Pylon on May 02, 2008, 07:06:35 PM
Quote from: lawmax on May 02, 2008, 07:05:45 PM

I'm trying to track that down right now.  Not sure what safety video she meant, but apparently 900+ people have already viewed it.

Edit to add:  I wonder if it's the 3/6/2008 "Safety Video.wmv" that's posted here (linked to from the CAP Video's page on CAPChannel.com)? 
ftp://video:download@ftp.iqstorage.com/Safety%20Video.wmv

(This is further proof we have too many websites)

Edit to add again:  Can't get it to load the video.

That is exactly it Mike.
AL PABON, Major, CAP

flyerthom

Quote from: chiles on May 02, 2008, 07:42:55 PM
Is it just me, or is there an inordinate amount of coughing, sniffling, sneezing, and other such sounds of sickness among our senior leaders?

It's a CBNRE attack from some of Colgan's Orange hatted Nazi Rangers  >:D
TC

JC004

Quote from: flyerthom on May 02, 2008, 09:29:45 PM
Quote from: chiles on May 02, 2008, 07:42:55 PM

It's a CBNRE attack from some of Colgan's Orange hatted Nazi Rangers  >:D

'cuse me!!! My special forces for my coup don't wear orange.

On another note, can anyone clarify what Gen Courter gave for the specifics of the bling up for approval?

Eagle400

Quote from: Pylon on May 02, 2008, 06:30:27 PMWell, approved for corporate field uniforms effective right now.  The NEC approved to submit these to the AF for wear on AF-style too, but wear of any of these items still needs that AF approval before they can be worn on the AF-style uniforms.

Ha ha ha ha ha!   

Do you actually believe this is going to stop the rampant abuse of the Air Force uniform by the Hawk Mountain people?

I'm sorry, but it's going to take a visit to Hawk Mountain by Col Hodgkins, a member of the Air Staff, or combination thereof to finally light a fire under the PAWG leadership and solve this problem.

I mean, think about it: do you really want people who don't even care about uniform regulations searching for you in the event you become a victim?  This is an indication of a dangerous mindset.  That is the underlying issue here.    

DNall

Quote from: CCSE on May 03, 2008, 12:11:04 AM
Quote from: Pylon on May 02, 2008, 06:30:27 PMWell, approved for corporate field uniforms effective right now.  The NEC approved to submit these to the AF for wear on AF-style too, but wear of any of these items still needs that AF approval before they can be worn on the AF-style uniforms.
Do you actually believe this is going to stop the rampant abuse of the Air Force uniform by the Hawk Mountain people?
That's why it's been disapproved in the past, at least with regard to blue beret.

River should be happy hearing that discussion of PD versus advanced promotions. I'm interested in seeing the results of that further study - as if there will be any.

Was there any discussion on the UAV item? I'm interested in where they stand on the issue, not just that it was tabled.

KyCAP

Anyone know why these LIVE streams aren't recorded and then STREAMed recorded so that the rest of us who work during the day can watch the pieces we want to?
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

DNall

^ 2nd.

long as we're putting suggestions out there... the breaks might be better served by airing stuff like that safety video, marketing material, & other stuff from CAP Channel. Better than looking at nothing.

RiverAux

Someone reported that they tabled the UAV discussion. 

DNall

Yeah, it's mentioned above, what was the discussion prior to tabling?

ßτε

^There really was no discussion other than the sponsor saying that he does not want to bring it up at this time. I think that he said more details needed to be worked out first.

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: KyCAP on May 03, 2008, 01:35:07 AM
Anyone know why these LIVE streams aren't recorded and then STREAMed recorded so that the rest of us who work during the day can watch the pieces we want to?

I asked that during the national board stream.  Apparently it would cost too much money to host a stream llike that...I don't buy it.

RiverAux

LtCol White

Anyone know what the new business items were?
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

mikeylikey

Quote from: LtCol White on May 05, 2008, 04:04:31 PM
Anyone know what the new business items were?

Anyone......??  Anyone at all??  I missed the stream.......and can't wait for the official document! 
What's up monkeys?

FW

the "bling" is in.  Approved as written in agenda item .  Good to go for BBDU, AF approval needed for BDU.

Working group formed to study options for grades/training, etc. to include special promotions.

NEW BUSINESS  (this is a summary only)

ED   Alternative Uniforms for mission field activities.
ACTION:  Approved.  Customer needs to request in writing.  Region Commander concurrence required.

IG   Compliance Inspection changes.  (streamlined process)
ACTION:  Approved.

LG   15 Passenger Vans.  Rear seat to be removed and cargo nets required and installed.
   ACTION:  Approved.

SE   CAPF 48 changes.  Receive certificate for "Safety Compliant" or "Accident Free".
   ACTION:  Approved

FM   Vanguard Funds.  Expand use of funds to include using for unfunded programs if no training centers require them.
   ACTION:  Approved