Texas Folks...Tornados, Everyone OK?

Started by BigMojo, April 10, 2008, 12:48:36 PM

BigMojo

In the intro to the "TODAY" show this morning they were showing short clips of tornado damage from yesterday (today looks rough for y'all too). In one about 2 second clip, I swear I saw a helicopter shot of a hanger tore up by a storm, and on the hanger were the remnants of letters that said "CIVIL AIR PATROL" tore off. This is in/near Breckenridge, TX.

Here's the Video: http://video.nbc5i.com/player/?id=238772
Fast Forward to about 1:40 left (Almost the end of the clip)

Anyone have any news? Everyone OK?
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

jeders

There were tornadoes? We had lots of rain and wind up here in the panhandle, but as far as I know, all is good up this way.

Hope everyone else is alright.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

isuhawkeye

So, would an A mission number be issued to dig out a CAP resource after an incident?

TXCAP

I believe that is an old left over from when we used to have an aircraft there.  We don't currently have one there.  It is a nice little airport.  Between Breckenridge and North Little Rock, AR its been a bad month for little planes at little airports.

Frenchie

That's correct.  There's no CAP squadron at Breckenridge anymore.

There is an operation there where old warbirds are fully restored which looks like it took some damage to the rear of the hangar.