Main Menu

NEC Meeting - No audio?

Started by TankerT, November 02, 2007, 12:57:37 PM

link

There has to be one stand out.

and I tuned back in late.  What was the exact motion about Enlisted Grades? 

SJFedor

Not sure, I missed it too.

Just watched Gen Courter start yelling "OPSEC, OPSEC!" when they started to talk about some activities that pilots in SER were participating in FL.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

jeders

Quote from: link on November 02, 2007, 05:40:37 PM
and I tuned back in late.  What was the exact motion about Enlisted Grades? 

They approved the working group to look into it with the added guidance of determining what a CAP NCO corps would be used for and what value non-prior military NCOs would be.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

NEBoom

I was interested to see what they came up with for the Marketing Plan/PAO items they were discussing (I forget what they exactly called it).  they had a handout for the board that Gen Courter said was available on line.  I've been searching a bit here while I listen to new business, but no luck.  Anybody found it?
Lt Col Dan Kirwan, CAP
Nebraska Wing

CAP Producer

Quote from: NEBoom on November 02, 2007, 06:50:16 PM
I was interested to see what they came up with for the Marketing Plan/PAO items they were discussing (I forget what they exactly called it).  they had a handout for the board that Gen Courter said was available on line.  I've been searching a bit here while I listen to new business, but no luck.  Anybody found it?

http://www.cap.gov/visitors/members/public_affairs/cap_national_marketing_plan/plan_downloads/
AL PABON, Major, CAP

NEBoom

Quote from: CAP Producer on November 02, 2007, 07:02:04 PM
Quote from: NEBoom on November 02, 2007, 06:50:16 PM

http://www.cap.gov/visitors/members/public_affairs/cap_national_marketing_plan/plan_downloads/
Great.  Thanks much!!
Lt Col Dan Kirwan, CAP
Nebraska Wing

BillB

It lookjs like on the audio they are using wireless mikes and someone forgot to turn the switch on the mike to ON. Or whoever is running audio isn't paying attention. The only audio is from a mike somewhere in the room, away from the speaker.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

RplnXbrnt

Quote from: MIKE on November 02, 2007, 02:46:27 PM
They also passed crediting former cadets with past accomplishments for senior membership without amendment.  IMO it could have used a few.

So, I'm curious -- does the fact that they passed this agenda item make the proposed change occur immediately?

For example, I went to COS (and RCLS, for that matter) as a cadet, but have not yet completed AFIADL-13. If this change takes effect immediately (well, at the end of the meeting, anyway) make it such that I don't have to finish AFIADL-13? I already have SLS and the CP technician rating, so that's the only thing otherwise standing in my way from Level II completion.

Thanks!
1st Lt Colin Carmello, CAP
Leadership, Asst AE & ES Training Officer, B-CC Composite Squadron
CP Development Officer, Group I
Eaker #1705

Eclipse

Did it ever come back up?

Anyone got a summary?  I'm curious to know how the NCO discussion went.

(Disregard, I see from the above)

"That Others May Zoom"

BillB

A lot of these items were moved to Saturday. However there will be no streaming video of the Saturday NEC meeting.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

John Bryan

Charector Development Officer.....

Does this mean all the MLO Badges will have to be replaced with ones that say CDO? This is another uniform change that will cost the MLO's....I mean CDO's. Does this mean the 52-16 will change from ML to CD?

By the way....when speaking and saying CDO how do we know if we are talking about the Charector Development Officer or the Counter Drug Officer?

Chappie

Quote from: John Bryan on November 02, 2007, 11:56:05 PM
Charector Development Officer.....

Does this mean all the MLO Badges will have to be replaced with ones that say CDO? This is another uniform change that will cost the MLO's....I mean CDO's. Does this mean the 52-16 will change from ML to CD?

By the way....when speaking and saying CDO how do we know if we are talking about the Charector Development Officer or the Counter Drug Officer?

Who knows how this name change will affect the job title or specialty badge?  As for the regs...that is just paperwork.   I was opposed to this change the first time it was presented....so I guess the second time around was a charm.  Again I am convinced that there are times when the NEC just doesn't see the big picture...not the first time nor will it be the last  ::)
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Tim Medeiros

They were actually talking about coming up with a different acronym for the position due to confusion with counter drug, they talked about that for a while.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

RiverAux

I wonder why they're not doing the webcast on Saturday as well... I watched about an hour of it and they kicked a whole lot of discussion until the next day. 

John Bryan

So did anyone hear if Chaplain (Col) Sharp (National Chief of Chaplains) spoke on the MLO issue? If so what were his feelings?

MIKE

IIRC they were going to change it to Character Development during the 52-16 rewrites, but it was amended by the NB or something.
Mike Johnston

John Bryan

IIRC....the NB had board members against the change and a lot of other things. The CP staff and NCAC went back made changes and then reported back with the current 52-16.

I would be interested in the CP and HC folks feelings?

afgeo4

Character development? These cadets already have character. They do more than 99% of teenagers do. They put on uniforms, read textbooks, train, come to meetings, train more, perform SAR and DR and then train a bit more again and that's without any kind of pay. Character? I think that Character Development title is a slap in the face of cadets.

(I am not and never was a cadet)
GEORGE LURYE

RiverAux

Then by implication you're saying that they lack morals...

mikeylikey

Why can't we just use Moral Leadership?  I must have missed that. 
What's up monkeys?