Main Menu

NEC Meeting - No audio?

Started by TankerT, November 02, 2007, 12:57:37 PM

DrJbdm

What a surprise it's down yet again!!

MIKE

Quote from: Eclipse on November 02, 2007, 02:52:48 PM
Quote from: MIKE on November 02, 2007, 02:46:27 PM
They also passed crediting former cadets with passed accomplishments for senior membership without amendment.  IMO it could have used a few.

What does this mean, exactly? 

Events cadets participate in already count (SLS, conferences, etc.), so what does this change or add?

Go read the agenda item.
Mike Johnston

pixelwonk

Awesome Jabba the Hutt voice right now.

Oh I just loved the slow drunken audio feed.

Sir you need to put down the Gin and tonic.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

DrJbdm

If they need more GA-8 pilots then perhaps they should drop the Commercial and Instrument rating requirement. just make it at the same requirements as needed to fly ROTC cadets. Private Pilot with 300hrs PIC.

jeders

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Maybe the black vans pulled up and pulled the feed.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Eclipse

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on November 02, 2007, 02:57:12 PM
Oh I just loved the slow drunken audio feed.

Sir you need to put down the Gin and tonic.

That happens as the compression on the audio comes back up to speed.

It looks like they are in a hotel conference room - anyone who has ever used internet in a shared hotel environment knows how flaky it can be, especially on the upchannel.

If they are using a wireless connection that's worse...

"That Others May Zoom"

DrJbdm

you would think that after doing this so many times that they would have been able to work out some of these problems with the video/audio feeds. 

pixelwonk

in their house, yes.
In someone else's [ie: various hotel/conference centers]  ...no. 

I just tried to reboot from capchannel and according to their website they're on break.   They maybe trying to fix the in and out audio signal while they're out.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

JC004

Quote from: Eclipse on November 02, 2007, 02:52:48 PM
Quote from: MIKE on November 02, 2007, 02:46:27 PM
They also passed crediting former cadets with passed accomplishments for senior membership without amendment.  IMO it could have used a few.

What does this mean, exactly? 

Events cadets participate in already count (SLS, conferences, etc.), so what does this change or add?

SLS doesn't count.

link

Ok, did anyone else's feed just pop on then back off?

jeders

Feed's back up, they're still on break
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

link

ok since I'm just checking in how many breaks have they taken so far?

jeders

And the feed's down again. I know it's at a hotel, but seriously? Come on.

CAP Producer

AL PABON, Major, CAP

jeders

SJFedor

Quote from: DrJbdm on November 02, 2007, 03:04:44 PM
If they need more GA-8 pilots then perhaps they should drop the Commercial and Instrument rating requirement. just make it at the same requirements as needed to fly ROTC cadets. Private Pilot with 300hrs PIC.

Go re-read 60-1, they dropped the Commercial requirement a long time ago. But, instrument rating is absolutely needed for the mobility of the system. What good is having the toy when you can only move it during pretty weather? To make sure it gets where it needs to be on time, they may have to fly from A to B, where it's clear at both A and B, but in between it's crap weather. It's a good requirement.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

SJFedor

I love how Col Hodgkins is rockin the flight suit.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)